Skills: Machinist, Mechanic
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron Oronite Company LLC is a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, one of the largest energy companies in the world. Chevron Oronite manufactures over 250 different finished additive products in nine facilities around the world, and delivers them to bulk terminals worldwide. Our mission is to empower employees to provide value-added petroleum additive products and business solutions to fuel and lubricant marketers and OEMs worldwide. Chevron Oronite consists of more than 2,000 global team members who are part of one of the world's leading developers, manufacturers and marketers of petroleum additives for lubricant base stocks and fuels. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of a Maintenance Mechanic - Machinist located in Belle Chasse, LA through July 15, 2017.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Safe execution of routine field and shop repairs on rotating equipment
- Troubleshooting, disassembly, inspection, repair and assembly of pumps, compressors, blowers, gearboxes, and other rotating equipment.
- Utilize laser alignment equipment.
- Reading rotating equipment drawings, understanding repair manuals, and documenting repair information.
- Operating manual machine shop equipment, including lathe, milling machine, drill press, etc.
- Appling knowledge of machining, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machine procedures.
- Using precision measuring instruments in field and shop environments.
- Performing other incidental work and assisting other crafts in order to complete job.
- Organizing, planning and executing daily work assignments.
- Following routine duties, safe work practices and demonstrating safe work behaviors.
- Working with other functional departments such as Reliability, Operations and Engineering on a daily basis.
- Occasional shift work and overtime is required. The position can also be called out after normal work hours as needed.
- Work associated with this position involves working outdoors year-round.
- Working at heights with 100% tie off, in confined spaces, and working under full faced breathing air.
- Ability to adjust to and implement new and changed work processes and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years inside and outside machinist / millwright experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Must possess a Transportation Worker Identification Credential TWIC or be able to obtain one within 6 months of employment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Industry and corporate standards and Best-Practices as applicable within a plant environment.
- Experience and knowledge of petrochemical environment operating equipment and safety equipment
- Familiarity with safety requirements (OSHA and EPA).
- Basic computer skills
- Working knowledge of SAP PM or similar Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong personal initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Select applicants must pass pre-employment tests and participate in personal interviews.
- All applicants must pass pre-employment physical examination, drug screen, background security checks and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- All jobs are safety sensitive and are subject to random drug testing.
- This position requires driving on a routine basis.
- Greater 5 years inside and outside machinist / millwright experience.
- Relevant machinery vocational or trade school, college, military or formalized training program graduate.
Pre-Employment Competency Test:
Prior to employment, applicants chosen for hire must successfully pass a hands-on competency test. They will be asked to identify, calibrate, and repair common rotating equipment and perform work on a shop tool such as a lathe.
Relocation will be not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.