Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor, Operations Management
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
We operate 100,000 barrels per day refinery in Milnerton, Cape Town, that produces gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, liquefied petroleum gas, fuel oil, paving asphalt and other products. Chevron South Africa also has interests in a lubricant oil manufacturing plant in Durban and maintains a laboratory and blending plant there.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Refinery Learning and Development Manager located in Milnerton, South Africa through 16 July 2018.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Partner effectively with key stakeholders to develop learning and development strategy and shaping curve and to agree priorities for refinery-wide learning and development. Stakeholders include the People Development Sponsor, Head Office Learning and Development Subject Matter Experts (SME’s), Skills Development and Employment Equity Consultative Committee (SDEECC) Representatives, Learning and Development Professionals and the Refinery Leadership Team
- Drive and deliver the refinery-wide learning and development strategy by leveraging resources, best practices, legislative frameworks and technologies while positioning learning and development for continuous improvement and future success
- Identify organizational opportunities and learning & development needs, and deliver strategies to mitigate gaps, including suitable learning solutions
- Create and execute the learning and development plans, to ensure that learning and development initiatives are delivered within agreed timelines, standards and budgets
- Support enterprise-wide BBBEE initiatives in support of skills development and employment equity
- Lead and manage a team oftTrainers and tacilitators and manage 3rd-party vendor contracts
- Develop a governance model of metrics / key performance indicators against which training will be tracked
- Support the execution of programmes such as
- First Line Supervisor
- Graduate Intern
- In-Service Trainee
- Vacation Students
- Manage a wide variety of challenges across multiple disciplines e.g. Operations, Engineering, Maintenance
- Accountable for the record-keeping of planned and completed training on requisite record systems e.g. workplace skills plan, training tracker tool, learning management system
- 3 year tertiary requirement
- Proven ability to set direction in learning and development strategy and deliver results
- Project Management experience
- Prior Team Lead experience
- Ability to partner with and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels in the organization, including upward to CEO level
- Problem solving ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passion around development of people within a complex working environment
- Experience in managing accurate record systems
- Experience within the petro-chemical or heavy industry
- Ability to lead and inspire technical employees
- Understand technical environment overlaid with best practice
- Structured, detail-orientated person
Relocation may be considered within Chevron South Africa parameters.
Selected candidates will work in South Africa under the local payroll system and benefits.
Selections will be made in line with the Chevron South Africa Employment Equity plan.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.