Skills: Customer Service
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
CSI #: 1193, Station Address: 3725 150th Ave SE, Bellevue, WA 98006 - (425) 643-5154
Chevron Stations Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chevron U.S.A. Inc. We sell gasoline and convenience products at our retail stores. We are looking for hard working people who value safety, have a positive work attitude and enjoy working with customers. If you enjoy working with people in a challenging and ever changing work environment, Chevron is the place for you.
Job Description:This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Assists Station Manager in the overall day-to-day operation of a retail convenience store facility.
(A complete job description is available upon request).
- Assists Station Manager in inventory and cash control procedures, including inventory audits.
- Performs management duties as assigned or in the Manager's absence.
- Directs and prioritizes the work of the station personnel at Manager's discretion.
- Takes measures to preserves the safety of self, co-workers and all others in the work location.
- Performs all duties of a cashier including cleaning and delivering outstanding customer service.
- Learns, promotes and supports CSI policies, procedures and business operations.
- Minimum one-year previous managerial experience in a convenience store, restaurant, or retail environment.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and team building skills.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or similar).
- Ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work unaccompanied, standing, and without defined break periods. Occasionally working extended shifts of 12 hours or more, as assigned.
- Ability to bend, twist, and lift at least 20 lbs. in narrow spaces.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor climates and in-store cooler environments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, and be available 24/7 to respond to incidents and emergencies.
- Must possess required up-to-date food handling certificates, as required by law (in specific locations only)
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and current automobile insurance.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Previous cash handling and customer service experience.
- Positive, out-going personality and good communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CSI offers a competitive Salary and Bonus Program, Medical/Dental/Thrift Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, and career path advancement opportunities.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug and background screen.
Chevron is an equal opportunity employer.
We would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Chevron Stations Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chevron U.S.A. Inc. We sell gasoline and convenience products at our retail stores. We are looking for hard working people who value safety, have a positive work attitude and enjoy working with customers. If you enjoy working with people in a dynamic and ever changing work environment, Chevron is the place for you.
Chevron Stations Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who requires a reasonable accommodation from any part of the application or hiring process may contact us at 1-800-450-8025.
Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Chevron Stations Inc. is a drug-free workplace committed to a diverse workforce.
External hires will be required to undergo a background check and drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) regulation, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, Oregon House Bill 3025 “Ban the Box, Portland Ordinance No. 187459, and Seattle Fair Chance Employment Ordinance . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.