Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for an Instructional Designer. Reporting to the Instructional and Media Design Manager, the Instructional Designer develops learning experiences and works within the Learning Development Team, ensuring the teams apply the latest research in learning and instruction in all programs being developed.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Leads curriculum architecture process and projects within the development team.
- Effectively work with Business Unit representatives and Curriculum Architecture teams to identify program objectives, design program outlines and develop appropriate content that meets these needs.
- Evaluate both existing and new content for instructional best practices.
- Improve the retention of student learning by creating advanced active training moments and exercises.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master level Degree preferred
- >4 years of related professional experience, for example:
- Instructional Designer
- Curriculum Developer
- Strong project management, time management, people management and communication skills
- Strong understanding of instructional design process and best practices
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.