- Prepare samples, provide analyses, process data and report results with electrochemical characterization experiments in conformance with established in-house procedures & reports under the supervision of the lead scientist.
- Perform lab operations including instrument setup, calibration, troubleshooting, and basic maintenance, preparation of reagents and calibration standards, as well as associated general lab responsibilities (e.g. ordering materials, waste disposal, housekeeping, clerical, etc.).
- Accurately and promptly document experiments, samples, instrument operations, and data recording, calibration, validations, etc. following standardized QA/QC protocols.
- Prioritize workload and manage time effectively.
- Have safety mindset/behavior (safe handling of hazard materials) and effective communication & time management skills, and work independently with minimal training
- Minimum bachelor degree or higher (chemistry/physics preferred, but not required).
- Hands-on experience with analytical electrochemistry is required, preferably in batteries and/or electrocatalysis.
- 2+ year relevant work experience in industry or research institute is desirable.
- An understanding of electrochemical processes, fundamental theories, and simple calculations, including Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy.
- Background in material characterization relevant to the field of electrochemistry. Additional hands-on experience in microscopic structural characterization desired.
- Proficient in MS OS and Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point, etc.).
- Team player and effective communicator (verbally and in writing)
- Fast learner with ability to apply fundamental science to multiple application areas.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.