~~Job Code: 431264
Role Name: Main Crane Operator
Saipem is hiring Crane Operator Offshore with high tonnage lifting experience.
· Platform installation experience (jackets / decks) with a crane 1500t and above
· Certified stage 3 (or at least stage 2 with demonstrable experience)
· Main Crane Capacity is 3000t
· Knowledge / prior experience of Huisman crane would be a plus
- Operate and takes care of the crane
- Carry out lifting operation in a safe manner
- Maintain contact with the bridge and the Deck Foreman during lifting operations
- Operate the crane within the designed crane load capacity, in accordance with the derating tables applicable to existing weather and sea state conditions
- Performs basket transfers where permitted and safe to do so
- Hold the Offshore Crane Operator certification (level 2 for unsupervised inboard lifts; level 3 for unsupervised offshore lifts)
- Be aware of the surroundings in terms of potential clashes with other vessel equipment
- Be aware of crane limits in terms of reach and capacity
- On vessels with multiple cranes, be aware of the interaction with other cranes and proactively intervene in order to avoid any interference during simultaneous operations
- Interact with the supervisors in order to define the lifting procedures
- Report any crane equipment malfunctioning to own supervisor
- Ensure that all safe work procedures for crane lifts are adhered to
- Liaise with Bridge and 1st Assistant/Deck Foreman while executing any lifts that could affect the vessel stability
- Make daily inspection of crane cables
- Carry out daily routine maintenance to the crane and the operator's cabin
- Keep a high level of housekeeping on the crane and in the operator's cabin
- Liaise with 2nd Engineer/Crane Engineer/Chief Electrician/Vessel Equipment Engineer on crane maintenance and performance, in order to ensure that repairs and preventive maintenance are carried out properly
- Carry out weekly inspection of the crane in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations
- Fill up the crane log book as required for all lifts above 50 ton
- Issue work instructions to the Tuggerhoist Operators
- Stop the lifting activity if required on safety or technical grounds, if continuing could cause any damages or injuries
- Report to the 1st Assistant, while taking instructions directly from the Deck Foreman during lifting operations
We are one of the global leaders in drilling services, as well as in the engineering, procurement, construction and installation of pipelines and complex projects, onshore and offshore, in the oil & gas market.
We have distinctive competences in operations in harsh environments, remote areas and deepwater.
We provide a full range of services with contracts on an “EPC” and/or “EPCI” (“turn-key” basis) and we have distinctive capabilities and unique assets with highest technological content.
Saipem is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.