Skills: IT - Software Development, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Upstream IT Applications - Software Engineer located in Makati, NCR (Manila)/Philippines through July 27, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Maximo System Administrator is a member of the Maintenance and Reliability (M&R) Team within Downstream and Chemicals IT Operations which supports the Manufacturing Maintenance & Reliability domain through run support and development of the Maximo application utilized at multiple Manufacturing and Downstream & Chemicals facilities.
- Depth of knowledge/experience in technical support: installation and configuration of software, incident and problem management (troubleshooting), cleansing, converting and loading of data, creating and maintaining documentation, maintaining IP compliance, supporting integrations, adherence to change management procedures. Experience in our technology stack: Maximo, Linux OS, Oracle DB and WebSphere.
- Teamwork - Ability to work with a team toward a common goal, staying aligned with agreed strategies, priorities and processes to deliver results. Ability to adapt to and accommodate changing needs and priorities.
- Strong Communication & interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management , peers and customers across disciplines and geographies. Proven ability to remain focused upon agreed deadlines and deliverables while handling conflicting requirements.
- Leadership skills. Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work activities with Maintenance & Reliability Team members, internal support groups, end users and vendors resources.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develop deep knowledge of Maximo application and associated technologies (Maximo application, Linux OS, Oracle and WebSphere. Understand technical architecture and interfaces to other applications. Become proficient in installation, configuration and ongoing support of all.
- Develop a working knowledge of business processes across all Chevron refineries, Maximo modules and the configuration necessary to support them.
- Provide day to day operational support by troubleshooting infrastructure incidents, identifying and resolving problems, designing and implementing changes, monitoring interfaces, supervising and advising on data loading, administering security, providing feedback on application performance.
- Support a strong Change Management process within the Maximo Team. Adhere to Release Schedules, track issues to completion documenting and processing in Remedy as appropriate. Coordinate, facilitate and communicate planned outages. Keep the team’s support documentation updated as necessary.
- Maintain IP Compliance on systems and software as appropriate.
- Plan, organize and coordinate technical work activities with other Maintenance & Reliability Team members, internal support groups and the vendor as needed.
- Support upgrade projects and other change initiatives as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a system administrator.
- Experience supporting Maximo in a Linux, Oracle, Websphere stack.
- Domain knowledge in Refinery Maintenance and Reliability.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Review federal laws protecting equal rights for applicants and employees (EEO is the Law) Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.For more information about E-Verify please click on a link below.E-Verify Poster (English) or E-Verify Poster (Spanish)
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.