Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Conduct research, analysis, formulation, and experimentation on rubber and other elastomeric substances, for such purposes as product and process development and application, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and improvement of analytical methodologies. Conduct materials engineering projects to enhance the function, profitability or marketability of Client products. Responsible for the delivery and supervision of project-based non-metallic research test programs and reports. Advancement to the Elastomer Engineering Manager position is mandatory and will be required of this position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops elastomeric materials for new products, and develops formulas, processes, and methods for solution of elastomeric technical problems including manufacturing problems.
- Analyzes elastomeric compounds to determine chemical and physical properties using industry standard techniques.
- Conducts development on manufactured products to develop and improve rubber and elastomeric products.
- Conducts research into composition, structure, properties, compatibilities, and reactions of rubber and elastomeric materials.
- Confers with engineers regarding research, and prepares technical papers and reports.
- Prepares standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products and tests.
- Technical leadership and support on seals selection and qualification for all product lines.
- Introduce and develop new static and dynamic seals for extreme conditions.
- Develop and support seal products for sour environments.
- Materials support for root cause analysis
- Lead the qualification testing for elastomer/composites/thermoplastic/coating materials
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Responsibility for coordinating multiple projects and directing test lab technicians and junior chemists
- Plan, conduct, track and report elastomer investigations
- Recommend and specify materials for specific design and field applications
- Communicate on elastomer issues inside and outside clients facilitie.
- Work and cooperate with Engineering, Office, Vendor, and Customer, Laboratory, and Shop personnel
- Provide internal elastomer consulting services
- Support day-to-day activities associated with new elastomer development and testing
- Assist in the review and solution of manufacturing problems related to elastomer production
- Prepare documentation and reports as required
- Create and maintain material specifications.
- Assist in maintaining the internal elastomer Databases and updating as required
- Know and understand Client Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by manager within the physical constraints of the job.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in formulating elastomer compounds and elastomeric manufacturing processes
- Extensive knowledge of the relationship between polymer properties, structure, and processing.
- Familiar with industrial standards and specifications such as API, NORSOK and NACE standards
- Familiar with polymers (NBR, HNBR, FKM, FEPM, FFKM, PEEK, PTFE, composite, etc.) in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Hand-on experience on polymer characterization methods, such as mechanical properties testing, FT-IR, DMA, DSC, TGA.
- Proficient in use of word processor and spreadsheet computer software.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing through memos and engineering reports.
- Must be familiar with analytical tools associated with oilfield elastomers.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team setting.
- Must be able to effectively handle many concurrent projects
- BS degree in chemistry, material science, chemical engineering or materials engineering.
- 15 years minimum relevant elastomers experience.
- 10 years' experience in oilfield elastomers
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- This position requires diplomacy.
- Travel internationally and domestically is required.
- Knowledge or experience in composites.
- Knowledge of quality systems
- PhD Degree in Polymer Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 5 years oilfield experience
- 15 years' experience in oilfield polymers