This role is part of the Regional Performance & Development team and the primary focus is to deliver Operational Excellence activities across our LOBP (Lubricants Oil Blending Plant) Network by partnering with Operations, Engineering and other functions to deliver Top-Quartile Performance.
The Regional Production Performance Lead is accountable for leading our external benchmarking activities, collaborating with business partners to develop/implement central strategies, identify opportunities and implement solutions to drive improvements (OEE, Carbon Emissions, Flushing Oil, PSA, etc) within our LOBP Operations. This role will be based in SG office and play for the region of SEA & KR plus Indonesia.
• Collecting the voice of customers (external customers through sales/marketing, and internal functions) and translating into key areas of improvements in plant operations
• Lead PIMS regional benchmarking and efforts to sustain and/or improve LOBPs in their quartiles based on PIMS benchmarking.
• Keeps up to date with recent developments within the industry to pick up on the most relevant for LSC and drive to implementation. Operates global "GOOD PRACTICE" network together within whole region APMESA & CN/HK.
• Challenges current business practices, methodology and procedures through the application of continuous improvement, benchmarking outcomes, best practice techniques and knowledge with an e2e perspective along the offer to delivery cycle.
• Drives regional activities in Plant Operations space: Drives planning, performance monitoring and review & delivery of the activities for the CI cultural change & competency development, to ensure adequate use of the toolset for the delivery of the Plant Operations value bucket for the region.
• Participation in multifunctional project teams is expected. Project topics may include supporting business development initiatives, supporting alignment of local operations and implementing global initiatives in all aspects of supply chain excellence, etc.
• Provides recommendations to improve supply chain strategies and design including operations/engineering improvements, support development of end to end SC processes etc.
• Take lead role to drive of APMESA & CN/HK standardization and CI initiatives (e.g. LSW, 5S, Standard work, etc.) and coaching of LEAN practitioners on the ground doing LSC projects as necessary.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Degree holder with at least 8 years relevant experience in production excellent and CI improvement.
- Good knowledge of the site/plant processes.
- Strong understanding of regional dynamics & reality while keeping a clear, open mind to "new"
- Ability to evaluate applicability of global/industry practices with respect to Lubricant Supply Chain operational environment & regional economic context, and accordingly, take the concept, adopt to the regional conditions/needs & bridge to implementation.
- Drive production performance for all AP sites having common cost levers
- Develop/equip people to support regional operations
- Drive and grow CI culture in the whole operation organizations
- Manage different physical and cultural environment within the whole AP sites
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video