Job Title: Production DirectorJob Type: Permanent, Full-time Location: Lake Charles, LA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Chemical Operator, is seeking a Production Director for a permanent position to be based in Lake Charles, LA. Job Summary
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- The production director will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production to manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed and include the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Participation in HAZOP and PHA Reviews.
- Liaise with process engineering contractor.
- Direct and supervise the process engineering activities in the facility.
- Monitors performance of the operating units to ensure optimum yields and minimum consumption of chemicals.
- Undertakes loss prevention related to improve operating efficiently of the facility.
- Optimizes operational costs, modifications, and new projects.
- Will assume operational responsibility for all plant operations and personnel in production department. This includes manufacturing (efficiency), quality (ppm defects), shipping (on-time deliveries), safety (0 lost time injuries), etc.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- 15 plus years of experience working in a chemical environment, specifically ethylene.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to influence/mentor others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
BS in Chemical Engineering
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.