Skills: Sales, Chemical Engineering, Chemist
Other Skills: Industrial Chemistry, Specific exposure in the Olefins & Derivatives business
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
• Minimum - Degree in technical field (preferred)Chemical Engineering / Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry
• Specific exposure in the Olefins & Derivatives business (including specialty chemicals, emphasis into Surfactants and Amines products and relevant technical support/solutions)
• Relevant experience in relevant experience in technology assessment of surfactants & amines, technical sales roles, including hands on experience for on-site customer solution, designing innovative solutions to meet clients' needs, pre and post technical service and support, competitive and technical knowledge of product properties and its application
• Relevant experience in technology assessment of surfactants & amines (i.e. costing, value proposition, other technology player & IP landscape)
• Experience in technical support & commercial activities throughout the overall surfactants & amines supply chain.
• Experience in networking and interfacing with global industry players (technology partners, licensors, business owners, technical service providers, research institutes/organizations, universities, etc.).
• In-depth knowledge of the industry and end products' application, its derivatives, user profiles and global market dynamics.
• Strong knowledge of global and Malaysian regulatory requirements
• Certified chemical industry practitioner; recognizing educational programs and other professional related activities that are dedicated to advancing current competence in his/her discipline.
• Affiliation or involvement with any industry related institute, association or academic faculty
Task & Responsibilities
• Lead, control and monitor selected technical sales activity based on target products for enhancement in line with sales strategies and plans by following through with the implementation of the comprehensive sales plans in order to capture higher value, ensure growth and to achieve targeted profits and margins for the department
• Drive product accreditation and certification with authorities and end users by identifying industry requirements and ensure compliance in order to achieve successful product accreditation & certification.
• Drive, lead and formulate product development strategy and plan through customer engagement and competitor analysis to identify and evaluate specific technologies for new products and/or new applications /markets as well as explore diversification product application of existing products that generate further value, in line with the business strategies for sustainability and growth.
• Lead and provide technical advice for any business opportunity and/or development project by participating techno-commercial evaluations to determine project technical viability for value creation and growth as well as act as subject matter expert in trouble shooting face by customers.
• Identify new customers and strengthen collaboration with key customers, by leveraging on strong relationships through various CRM activities and by keeping abreast of latest technical developments in the relevant markets, to ensure customer satisfaction and retention, as well as contributing to business growth.
• Drive effective pricing strategies to achieve best netback from technical aspect of the value proposition in line with sales and marketing strategy by reviewing current market scenarios and recommending reasonable product pricing levels corresponding with sales strategy to ensure optimum and sustainable profitability.
• Manage and contribute to the comprehensive details of the contracts with customers and contract performance by ensuring alignment with sales & marketing strategy, targeted objectives and adherence to corporate risk and guidelines in order to determine the contract terms and condition to secure best business deal and safeguard company business as a whole.
• Drive, influence industry standards for new / improved products / applications in collaboration with relevant authorities (SIRIM (Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia, end users associations and industry groups) to achieve product acceptance. Keeping abreast with changes and the risk exposures to the Company from the external business and regulatory environment, anticipate their implications to Company and formulate appropriate mitigating actions.
• Drive and lead staff knowledge transfer and the development of competent working teams through training, coaching and mentoring, that will enhance and sustain staff capabilities in achieving a high performance culture, to ensure internalization of the right leadership and capabilities in executing their jobs.
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) is Malaysia’s fully integrated oil and gas multinational ranked among the largest corporations on FORTUNE Global 500.
Operating our core business in the Upstream and Downstream sectors, we are present in more than 65 countries since first incorporated in 1974. We are among the top five oil and gas companies (in terms of production) and the most profitable company in Asia.
We steadily drive for new solutions and continue pushing boundaries to manage new realities and add value to oil and gas resources in a manner that carefully balances commercial, environmental and social considerations.
Petronas is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.