Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview: The purpose of the HSE Risk job family is to provide assurance and consulting services designed to mitigate operational risks, and streamline company's operations and those of its subsidiaries (as applicable) while ensuring adherence to standards and practices. Roles in this job family are responsible for monitoring, providing and undertaking operational risk management, internal controls, corporate governance, and HSE compliance activities in order to ensure functions comply and adhere to the established guidelines, policies and procedures.
Job holders at this level perform the more complex HSE tasks and activities across company and its subsidiaries (as applicable), in order to contribute towards the achievement of functional objectives in line with the established plans. They are primarily concerned with the execution of day-to-day activities, with the additional requirements of resolving issues escalated from junior team members, and assisting more senior colleagues.
Job holders at this level are mid-level professionals capable of operating independently and work within guidelines and procedures.
1. Carry out the more complex daily activities tasks (risk assessments, overall risk grading, important inspections, close-out meetings etc.), in a timely manner and to the highest standards in line with defined legislations, policies and procedures.
2. Assist senior colleagues in their tasks to support the smooth completion of day-to-day activities.
3. Provide guidance and support to junior team members in order transfer, HSE knowledge to help them gain technical experience, and ultimately support the continuous operations of the department.
4. Identify, review and monitor business and operational risks and develop actions plans to manage and mitigate risks.
5. Liaise with internal customers across company and its subsidiaries (as required) to determine if established policies and procedures are properly followed across the organization.
6. Apply the adequate testing procedures to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls, policies and procedures, and the soundness of business operating practices, under the direction of senior colleagues.
7. Partake in audits of all work locations across company and its subsidiaries (as applicable), identify appropriate audit evidence required to support findings, and recommend the adequate remedial actions to the Board to address non-compliance cases and to ensure compliance with standards.
8. Conduct follow-up investigations of incidents/accidents to contribute to the identification of root causes, as well as the recommendation of corrective and preventive actions.
9. Prepare and review HSE documents and reports to support managerial decision-making, whilst ensuring that they are aligned with the appropriate procedural frameworks.
10. Maintain relevant manuals to ensure all functions remain updated with compliance requirements and standards.
11. Prepare and conduct training sessions in order to communicate HSE procedures and provide advice to employees on operational risks.
12. Observe practices in the department, attend formal trainings, and develop a thorough understanding and appreciation of company's HSE policies and practices in order to be fully competent to undertake own role.
13. Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Safety. Engineering or similar discipline
7 to 15 years of experience, with at least 3 years in a managerial position
Good knowledge and understanding of HSE risk controls and frameworks
High standards of integrity
Good understanding of the business
Excellent analytical and report development skills
Good communication skills
Attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure
Interpersonal, teamwork and cooperation skills
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.