Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Other Skills: Equipment Operator
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen City, UK, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
These are permanent offshore roles. The Equipment Operator will assist rig crew and maintenance crew in the preparation of drilling operations, maintenance operations and rig move preparation and operate and maintain wheel-loader or forklift. Service quality, job preparation and safety are key priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meeting with all members of the rig crew.
- Is always fully compliant with the requirements of the QHSE policies, standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Completes formal training sessions on QHSE and technical subjects as described by the training matrices for the position.
- Obtains certifications as required for duties assigned.
- Maintains all equipment in good, safe working order according to standards and reports any problem or deviation.
- Works in a safe and conscientious manner to ensure personal safety and the safety of fellow crew members.
- Makes up part of emergency crews performing duties as required by station bill or as otherwise directed.
- Performs manual labor around the rig.
- Assist in handling of all rig equipment.
- Relieve Floorhands on drill floor.
- Assist the Driller and the Derrickhand in preparation of drilling equipment.
- Keep rig location, tubular and other tools clean and organized.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Driller and Derrickhand.
- Carries out regular housekeeping and painting, and routine maintenance of drill floor substructure, mud tanks and drilling equipment.
- Assist Derrickhand to mix drilling fluids and chemicals.
- Prepare for rig up and rig down of equipment.
- Has the physical fitness and willingness to do physically challenging activities in potentially harsh environments.
- Is a certified forklift operator.
- Has attained a proficiency level for the position based on the competency catalogue.
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations.
- Is a relentless and versatile learner.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish.
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement.
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
To apply call 01224 625097 or email your CV and certification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tulloch Recruitment Limited is a multi-disciplined recruitment business which was established in 1993 and has developed a proven track record for providing specialist personnel to clients across the Oil & Gas and Renewables industries.
Headquartered in Aberdeen, Tulloch Recruitment is ideally situated to service the Oil & Gas sector in the North Sea but also operates globally. Tulloch Recruitment has recently serviced clients in projects across the UK ,central Europe, the Middle East, Canada, Latin America, the United States, Africa and Australasia.