Skills: Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Production Specialist is the primary technical/process expert for their unit(s) of responsibility. Has a leading role in supporting the production team to achieve HS&E objectives. Is the focal point for daily technical assurance, and is a key contributor to maintaining the integrity of process safety work processes like ESP (Ensure Safety Production), RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance), MOC (Management of Change), HEMP Hazards & Effects Management Process) and PHA/PSSR (Process Hazard Analysis/Pre start up safety review).
The Production Specialist works with the training organization to develop effective training content provides support for operator skill enhancement, performance reviews, and qualification of operators. He/she uses knowledge and troubleshooting skills and assists production team in enhancing their troubleshooting skills.
The Production Specialist ensures operations issues, constraints, and plant/unit status is communicated to associated work groups in the production team. Participates in short-term and long-term planning and improvements, is a key resource for turnaround and maintenance planning, and plays a lead role in the communication of unit-specific issues to the technical support organization. You will interfaces with the production teams regarding unit optimization, product specs, and target ranges.
This position is a key element of the Production Organization. Successful candidates will help drive the changes in our work practices by implementing the objectives of the ESP, RCM and ME (Maintenance Excellent) work process. While there are no direct reports for this position, influence to guide the organization is a must.
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
- Have operation experience and knowledge on utilities systems such as salt cooling water, instrument air and utilities distribution systems.
- Lead by example and demonstrate that Health, Safety and Environmental have top priority in the execution of the work.
- Serve as expert in developing, documenting and sharing of operating knowledge of the area unit processes.
- Provides support to operating shift teams and Production Team (PT) Leaders in maintaining optimum unit process performance and preventing and/or solving process problems; facilitates the multi-disciplinary teams to understand & eliminate threats and bad actors. Also provide support in coaching and teaching PTs to improve troubleshooting and operating skills.
- Provide technical coaching to Production Team Leaders and Site Team Leaders.
- Responsible for operations monitoring, unit capability performance, yields and optimization over the medium and longer term including cost performance such as chemicals consumption, lubes, etc.
- Participate in the development of operations planning, operating Plan capabilities and constraints, Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, including participating in interdepartmental issues that might impact their respective area of responsibility.
- Act as the department focal point for Learning-from-incidents.
- Play active role in operator training and procedure reviews/updates.
- Champion for unit ESP, IPF (Instrument Protective Function), and MOC work processes for units under responsibility.
- Leadership role in major maintenance planning and execution.
- Other duties includes various administrative report requirements, projects progress activities, conducting incident investigations and participation in developing and executing strategy plans.
- Initiation and support for continuous improvement of unit performance including understanding of longer-term business objectives. Actively supports LEAN and drives PCRs (plant change request) where necessary to rapidly implement performance improvements initiatives.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video