Skills: CAD / CAM, Geologist
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
SR STAFF GEOLOGIST
Analyzes, evaluates and interprets geological data obtained by various methods and techniques to provide clients with accurate descriptions and characteristics of reservoirs.
Based in Abu Dhabi, frequent visits to undertake the logging of cores in Kuwait (in association with Core Lab operations in Ahmadi) and possible other Gulf countries will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned).
- Independently describes and interprets conventional cores; sandstones, carbonates and/or mudstones in any combination requiring minimal guidance/supervision.
- Focuses on facies analysis, rock typing, thin section petrographic descriptions and petro physics for the purpose of reservoir characterization.
- Integrates analyses with other geological/geochemical parameters and generates detailed, integrated reports.
- Acts as a project leader on single and multi-well projects and integrated projects.
- Mentoring / assisting others on the team as required.
- Regularly interfaces with customers to discuss analytical results and set up of projects.
- Maintains active role in professional and industry associations and organizations to stay abreast of technical development and industry needs.
- Minimum Bachelors / Masters degree in Geology or equivalent with emphasis in sedimentology / petrology.
- Minimum 6 plus years related experience.
- Knowledge of core description software (WellCAD, Applecore) is a must.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, and possess good technical writing skills as well as the ability to present work performed and results in open forums as required.
- Good verbal and written knowledge of English and excellent technical writing skills are a must.
- PhD in Geology or equivalent
- Experience in Middle East reservoirs.
- Experience in fracture analysis, sequence stratigraphy/well correlation, X-Ray diffraction, SEM, biostratigraphy and laboratory practices are beneficial.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on one and small group situations to customers, clients, management, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical and scientific journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and calculate area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and interpret various graphs used to analyze data.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of geological data problems.
- Ability to deal with formulas, scientific equations, and graphs.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to frequently (~every 2-3 months) travel to other Gulf / Middle East countries at short notice for short periods of time (~2-4 weeks).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.