Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Oronite is accepting online applications for the position of APR Product Stewardship Regional Manager located in Jurong Island, Singapore through July 11, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Provides supervision, direction, & technical expertise to APR Product Stewardship team in Japan and Singapore to manage registrations and compliance requirements of all chemicals manufactured, imported and sold by Oronite.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Develops & implements organizational capability plan for APR PS Team; accountable for hiring decisions & long-term capability development of the team
- Serves as APR Lead to provide direction, guidance and coaching to APR Product Stewardship team in managing the Oronite Product Stewardship Standard Process for new chemical notifications and ensuring all identified gaps are managed to closure
- Interfaces regularly and collaborates closely with Americas & EAME Regional Teams to support the development and implementation of new global processes and/or changes to regulatory requirements for Oronite chemicals
- Creates & maintains strong relationship with key stakeholders; leverage relationship to ensure understanding of the business needs and lead APR team to implement initiatives, strategies or actions that meet the needs of the business in a timely & effective manner
- Supports Global Advocacy Team Efforts in the AP region; engages with Global Advocacy Team Lead to identify priority product stewardship issues and provides guidance
- Serves as project manager and/or project team member for regional and/global projects
- Provides leadership for product stewardship-related Operational Excellence (OE) activities and Downstream and Chemicals Product Stewardship community of practice
- Responsible for performance management and career development of AP Regional Product Stewardship team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences or Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant work experience preferably in petrochemical, chemical or additives industry
- Demonstrated high-level knowledge of business acumen e.g., Chemical Control Legislation/Regulations impacts on the business aligned with mitigation strategies
- Leadership, people management, negotiation, influencing and collaboration are essential to the job
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Understanding of lubricating additive (LA) chemistries and (LA) business strongly preferred but experience within the broader chemical industry acceptable
- Fluency in one or more ASEAN languages to liaise with stakeholders and customers within the region
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.