Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Safety Officer, Field Service Tech
Other Skills: Norm Surveying
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Safety Technician will possess and demonstrate, in a competent and professional manner, the ability to understand, troubleshoot, enforce and provide guidance in the health, safety and environmental standards of the Company, OSHA, MSHA, EPA, DOT, BSEE, USCG, Federal and State Regulations and various customer requirements. The individual will be directly accountable for the health, safety and environmental performance of all assigned projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Implement HSE Management Systems (work processes, standards, and procedures) as appropriate for facilities
- Facilitate compliance with regulations & standards
- Lead the development and implementation of Safety Plans for major shutdown/turnaround
- Verify monthly inspections
- Participate and lead incident investigations
- Participate in and provide data for HSE audits/assessments
- Identify opportunities to streamline HSE implementation resources and work processes
- Maintain Health Assessment Planning Tool & Qualitative Exposure Assessment databases
- Participate on the facility HSE team
- Maintain HSE Operating Discipline systems
- Maintain and audit the Behavior Based Performance
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of college preferred
- Preferred 2 years experience as a land based or offshore Safety Technician
- Preferred 2 years experience with oil drilling rig, production platform operations
- Basic Computer Skills
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen and to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusion (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Perceptual Speed - The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other. This ability also includes comparing a presented object with a remembered object.
Licenses & Certifications: