Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Design Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Amega West Services is a subsidiary of Carpenter Technology Corporation based in Houston, Texas. Amega West is a leading manufacturer of high-precision complex components for measurement while drilling (MWD) and logging while drilling (LWD), drill collars, stabilizers and other down-hole tools that have been used for directional oil and gas drilling. Carpenter acquired Amega West in December 2010 to provide a more integrated value-added supply chain to oil and gas customers. This growing business operates within the corporation's Performance Engineered Products division and maintains more than ten strategically located facilities throughout the United States, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates.
Principal Purpose of Position:
Design, develop and implement new tools, processes and procedures for Amega West products and customers. Assists sales, rentals and operations to identify new product opportunities and expand market share for existing products. Manage internal and external projects; providing customers with solutions on technical issues. Supports peers with leadership and guidance on projects and business goals. Deliver risk assessments, budget estimates and project timelines to management.
· Be an expert on oil and gas materials and manufacturing processes.
· Provide technical assistance to Amega West sales force to answer questions and identify solution for customers.
· Write, Review, and/or approve technical specification/manuals.
· Provide business case data and develop financial models for projects based on market requirements and trends.
· Coordinate with customers users to provide technical support and receive feedback on product performance.
· Work with vendors and suppliers to enhance product offerings.
· Communicate product enhancement requests from customer to management.
· With market leads and product management, define and implement specific marketing approaches to support sales growth of products in each market.
· Identify future needs and competitive landscape; design products or processes to meet them.
· Develop and contribute to marketing communications with technical knowledge, best practices, product reference guides and demonstrations
· With management define and implement customer development plans.
· Review and confirm requirements for new products. Build relationships with potential customers.
· Collaborate with multiple locations, departments, customers both internal and external to standardize operations throughout the organization.
· Provide mentorship to other employees with less experience or knowledge in area of expertise
· Work closely with manufacturing/Operations, Engineering, Customers, and Vendors to produce product that meets specified requirements
· Lead and make decisions for various products and processes
· Capable of taking on managerial rolls and responsibilities for technical and operational areas.
· Assist in developing strategies for sales and operations such as marketing presentations and initial inventory requirements.
· Analyze and provide solutions/report to customer failures.
· Lead and track multiple projects with little direction/supervision.
· Promote vertically integrated company with technical and market support to customers.
· Have a broad understanding of different engineering principles and utilize sound principles to solve complex business issues.
· Help operations with initial design and flow of new product/process implementation.
· Adhere to the company's core values and safety policies.
Relevant Work Experience:
· In-depth knowledge of downhole directional drilling tools industry is an asset.
· Specialized knowledge of manufacturing and design principles, standards, methods and practices preferred.
· Experience in project management and
(Ranges from task-focused to integrating related functions, to broadly strategic integration)
· Demonstrated ability to finish Projects
· Ability to work with moderate supervision; entrepreneurial and motivated to build relationships with customers and 3rd parties
Communicating & Influencing Skills:
(Does the job require communication, reasoning with others, or changing behaviors?)
· Strong verbal presentation and business writing skills
· A team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed in a remote setting. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues.