Other Skills: Senior Buyer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Den Helder, North Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Netherlands
An integral part of the team, responsible for all aspects of procurement related activities against client requirements, contracts, ensuring budgeted margin is maintained and approved. A hands on approach, dealing directly with vendors, concentrating on critical suppliers in accordance with company quality processes and procedures.
A proven track record in procurement is essential with particular emphasis on the sourcing of "one off purchases" to add value for all parties.
Roles & responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain relationships with clients, supplier and internal stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with Clients, first point of contact for any disputes and ensure queries are resolved efficiently.
• Process customer enquiries.
• Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms and deliveries and services with suppliers of non-stock materials for customer requirements.
• Strong sourcing skills - Ability to identify the manufacturer of the goods and source direct.
• Strong technical skills - Ability to identify the manufacturer, source the goods direct or offer alternatives.
• Placing purchase orders on suppliers to fulfill customers' requirements.
• Achieve material delivery and process deadlines.
• Ensure QA requirements are met - data sheets and test certificates to be supplied with relevant goods.
• Ensure compliance with company and client quality management system.
• Ensure component, standard cost and lead time are maintained within the Sage system.
• Ensure customer problems or queries are resolved efficiently.
• Secondment of procurement and technical support to third parties.
• Attend client / supplier meetings if required.
• Supplier contract management.
• Introduce cost saving measures and alternative stock lines.
• Margin management with an aim to move client to cost less.
• Sourcing and procurement of stock items.
• Review of month end stock results and offer feedback.
• Assist with tender pricings as and when required.
• Ensure that all procedures are compiled with and all actions are auditable.
• Ensure that all procedures in relation to the transportation of dangerous goods are complied with.
• Ability to work within a busy department and cope with the pressure of meeting demanding targets and working to tight deadlines.
• Answering of telephones.
• Assist with other duties in the sales office as required.
• Business Degree/CIPS qualified/NEVI
• 5 years' experience in a similar role
• Ability to work within a busy environment, meeting demanding targets and working to tight deadlines
• Competent with Microsoft Office Packages
• Fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and written
• Experience within the maintenance, repair and operating supplies (MRO).
• Communication - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong working relationships with all levels and be able to influencing and collaborating with others the ease.
• Customer Focus - A commitment to providing a good customer service.
• Personal Integrity - Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
• Team Working - Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
• Reliability - Takes responsibility for personal performance.
• Results Orientation - Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence.
• Commitment to Safety - Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues.
Job Specific Competencies;
Professionalism The ability to confidently represent the organisation at industry/client arranged meetings.
Adaptability Smoothly handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
Commitment Readily make personal sacrifice to meet larger organisational goal.
Planning and Organising The ability to establish an appropriate course of action for self and others to accomplish goals.
Influencing Skills The ability to discuss and agree a mutually satisfactory agreement and creating a win-win solution.
Attention to Detail Precise in their work both written and numerical can clarify information and recall facts when necessary.
Able to work on the finer points of a complex problem.
Understands the importance of administrative detail.
Analysis and Decision Making Seeks information from a range of sources makes sound decisions based on knowledge and expertise. Explains and justifies decisions based on good practice
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.