Construction Building Assistant, Civil, ELA
Construction Building Supervisor
Temporary. Start date 1st of October 2018- end date 31st December 2019
10 hours per day / 6 days per week
Competitive salary package with benefits
Full board and lodging on site
21 days paid annual leave for contracts >12 months; for contracts < 12 months leave is pro-rated
Job summary/Role description
ELA collaborates with his own Supervisor in directing Subcontractor activities within the area assigned to him within his own Discipline.
ELA is the first interface between the Subcontractor and the Site Organization regarding Project standards and specifications and the first controller of the Subcontractor's activities and of the Quality of the latter's works.
Duties and responsibilities
- To co-ordinate any subcontractor activities falling within his own area, including both intermediate and final inspections and tests;
- To valuate test results, the validity of certificates and related reports, informing the Supervisor of any defect;
- To check that Construction works are in accordance with Project specifications and related standards, and comply to the Quality Control Plan for his own area;
- To note the work quantities performed by subcontractors and on this basis, prepare the construction monthly progress report for his own area;
- To check the detailed activity plan for his own area and compare it with work progress;
- Check the implementation of the HSE specification and report all possible anomalies.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Diploma and trade apprenticeship in structural discipline
University Degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 2-3 years' experience in a similar position in EPC Oil & Gas and petrochemical projects;
- Previous experience at Building Assistant position.
Experience in Petrochemical projects.
Skills and Abilities
- Native Malaysian speaker
- Fluent English
- Excellent IT and analytical skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution
- Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Special Requirements and Comments
Only candidates with significant experience, consistent with the relevant field, will be considered for this position.
ONLY SPONTANEOUS CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
The information on the candidates submitted shall include:
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)