Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Montreal Terminal is looking for a temporary operator. The depot receives and stores petroleum products for distribution to loading docks for tanker trucks and tank wagons. The depot operates on rotating schedules to provide 24 hour continuous service. Compensation is determined by the collective agreement.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing daily operations of the terminal
- Demonstrated willingness to focus on the adoption of safe operating procedures
- Performing daily inspection and routine maintenance in accordance with the terminal operating standards
- Management and Scheduling receptions produced by ships, pipeline and truck
- Liaison with the operating group, government agencies and terminal vendors
- Daily reconciliation of inventories of products and record keeping through distribution management systems
- Monitoring of gains / losses based on the permissible deviations
- Supervision on site for drivers and contractors and maintenance services in providing leadership and communicating effectively
- Ability to identify problems of computer software and hardware and resolve
- Product Quality Management Liaison with internal and external services, if needed, to ensure trouble-free operations and maximize the reliability of the terminal
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada's largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.
- College degree or Attestation of Collegial Studies in chemical process engineering, mechanical, civil or equivalent experience
- Ability to perform administrative tasks
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills in English and French
- Excellent time management skills and organizational skills
- Dynamism, autonomy and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Good computer skills, ability to use Microsoft office database
- Teamwork and dedication, willingness to work on a flexible schedule
- Good physical condition because the position holder must work in bad weather (rain, heat, cold, snow)
- The person selected for this position must be willing and able to climb on ladders and tanks, climb and descend stairs, and work at heights, on elevated fences and in confined spaces
- Must also be authorized by law to work in Canada on a full-time basis on behalf of any employer other than the current employer
- Using safe lifting techniques, this person must be able to lift a load of 20 kg from the ground to the waist
- The incumbent must be able to adopt a flexible work schedule and be willing to work overtime
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video