Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Lead Instrument & Electrical (I&E) Designer located in Pascagoula , MS Mississippi /United States.
Chevron Corporation is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company’s success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 62,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron Manufacturing is accepting online applications for the position Lead Instrument & Electrical (I&E) Designer at its refinery located in Pascagoula, Mississippi through July 10, 2018.
The Lead I&E Designer, as an essential partner and member of the Drafting and Design Team, plays a key role supporting the refinery's mission to operate optimally, reliably, predictably, and without incident at the lowest sustainable cost. This position is responsible for a team of 5–8 I&E Designers and CAD Operators providing design support for shutdown/turnaround projects, routine maintenance and capital installations.
This position is eligible for all Chevron Corporate benefits. Drafting and Design employees at the Pascagoula Refinery have the option to work a compressed work week schedule.
Position Details : Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Continuously works to improve personal and process safety performance at the refinery and understands that all injuries, environmental issues, or business losses are preventable through proper planning and risk recognition.
- Provides leadership for 5-8 I&E Designers and CAD Operators in support of shutdown/turnaround projects, routine maintenance and capital installations
- Leads Drafting and Design resource planning and development for the I&E design team.
- Leads the performance review process for I&E Drafting & Design team members and maintains accountability for the team’s overall performance.
- Forecasts project completion dates for sharing with Drafting & Design Lead, customers and Designs Engineering Team Leaders.
- Provides quality assurance checking for all instrument & electrical design packages. Ensures completed design packages meet I&E specifications, design codes/standards, Safety in Designs (SIDs) and are easily operated and maintained.
- Ensures adherence to Process Safety Information (PSI) requirements, procedures and standards.
- Leads the coaching / mentoring / training requirements for assigned Drafting and Design company and contract resources including sharing of technology enhancements with other Designs Groups.
- Provides technical guidance to internal designers, Designs Engineering (DE) customers and external suppliers.
- Provides quality solutions for complex I&E designs and guidance on Chevron Engineering Standards and I&E specifications.
- Identifies plans and executes training required for continuous improvement in team capability and product quality.
- Coordinates with SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI) Administrator to enhance use of SPI across the refinery. Serves as Drafting’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) for SPI.
- Provides resources to support transfer of instrument data from AutoCAD to SPI.
- Identifies opportunities to expand use of SPI, develops and executes training plans and recommends enhancement to SPI configuration.
- Stewards Loss Prevention System (LPS) for the I&E design team. Submits and supports Loss Prevention tools to improve team safety, product quality and efficiency.
- Prepares and maintains quality procedures for internal and external design teams.
- Ability to travel up to 10% in support of other facilities.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Instrument & Electrical design or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience developing I&E project scopes, reviewing completed designs and executing field projects will be considered.
- Minimum 4 years checking of completed designs for a team of 6 or more designers or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years reviewing design packages
- Minimum of 4 years design experience in onshore oil and gas.
- Demonstrated experience collecting as-built information in operating facilities
- Demonstrated experience leading complex multi discipline design projects
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining Process Safety Management (PSM) regulated drawings
- Proven ability to travel up to 10%
- Demonstrated experience working in refining.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of AutoCAD and SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI).
- Demonstrated basic understanding of estimating tools and cost control.
- Demonstrated a basic understanding of refinery processes and the interaction between refinery units.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hattiesburg
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.