Harvey, Louisiana, United States
Harvey, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Coil Tubing, Field Service Tech, Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Harvey, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
JOB PURPOSE: The primary function of this job is to safely pumps liquid nitrogen at assigned customer locations. Communicate daily with district manager and field supervisor to ensure customer service levels and efficiency of operations. Embody the Airgas Nitrogen Services safety culture and adherence to rules and regulations.
- Operate nitrogen pumping units and supporting equipment
- Assist with rig up/ rig down of nitrogen pumping units and supporting equipment on the job site
- Completes all company, customer, state and federal required training including Smith Safe, Cone and G.O.A.L. programs
- Perform basic maintenance on all equipment.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding progress, obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions.
- Complies with all company policies, safety policies and procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements
- Willing to drive company vehicles to national field locations, operate equipment in all types of weather conditions, and adhere to schedule determined by customers demand.
- Read maps and follows written and verbal geographic directions.
- Maintain required DOT, Federal, State and company records including handwritten logs or digital logs, hours of service, payroll hours, vehicle inspections, job and maintenance reports, service tickets, and shipping manifests according to state and federal DOT regulations
- Performs pre and post trip inspections on truck according to DOT and company maintenance checklist, if applicable
- Maintains truck cleanliness and performs general maintenance on equipment as needed, if applicable
- Maintain appropriate driver's license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements, if applicable
- Other functions as directed by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge", skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift, pickup truck/company car.
- Basic knowledge of cryogenic pumps, tanks, transports, hydraulic equipment and diesel engines preferred
- One year of tractor trailer or bulk tanker driving experience within the last four years preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver License with tanker and hazmat endorsements preferred
• Must obtain a TWIC card within 90 days of hire date, if applicable
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available to work in the field on assignment for 28 consecutive days.
- Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 55 lbs., and occasionally push and pull 56 - 100 lbs.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for 10-14 hours daily, if applicable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work extended hours/weekend, plus overnight stays are necessary.
- Webcam (Drive Cam) on vehicles
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts.
- Drug-free, tobacco-free workplace