Skills: Production Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron Canada Resources (Upstream) has been active in Canada for more than 75 years. Since our arrival in Alberta in 1938, our company has established a proud legacy of exploration success, innovation and growth. And throughout this time, we have continued to support the communities where we live and work. As a result, we look optimistically to the future, as we pursue our vision to grow our core assets profitably and position Chevron for new legacy assets in frontier regions and emerging unconventional resource plays.
Chevron Canada Resources is targeting natural gas and natural gas liquids from the Duvernay shale formation in west-central Alberta, where the company holds approximately 330,000 net acres of exploration leases. In 2011, the company commenced a multi-well exploration program on these leases to assess reservoir performance and confirm proof of concept for production from this prospective wet shale gas play. Chevron Canada has been encouraged by the reservoir data and production performance achieved to date and is currently advancing an appraisal program to evaluate the potential for full-field commercial development.
Chevron Canada Resources is actively seeking a Production Engineer to join the Canadian Business Unit (CBU). This position is based in Calgary and will report to the Asset Optimization Team Lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for maximizing the value of existing assets through well optimization, artificial lift, and well surveillance & diagnostics.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Well Workover Engineer located in Calgary, Alberta through Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of Production optimization/enhancement opportunities from concept to execution
- Production Engineering support for development area strategy and planning, including field compression and gas lift basis of design
- Artificial lift evaluation, design, and optimization
- Technical mentorship of junior Production Engineers
- Drawdown design, optimization and management
- System constraint analysis and pipeline debottlenecking
- Provide technical support to operations for maximize well and system reliability
- Dynamic well modelling
- DCA / RTA / Nodal / IPM
- Technical support for regulatory, environmental, and safety compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of Production or Petroleum Engineering experience
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate and develop opportunities, initiatives and strategies to achieve team objectives, including employee performance management and business partner appraisal.
- Holds a strong drive, inspires commitment and trust, articulates a clear vision of success, developing and improving performance and resources across fields and disciplines to achieve goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have ability to work with all levels of the organization and outside the company such as contractors and partners.
- Proven ability to analyze and understand complex situations quickly and develop practical, appropriate solutions to resolve high impact people/business/process issues. Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing work priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team environment, both supporting other team members and contributing to the effectiveness and reliability of the team.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.