- Provide full tax advisory and compliance services to Shell companies in the Philippines to maximize shareholder's return in accordance with the Tax Management Framework and Control, Tax Manual of Global Tax Standards and the Tax Manual of Authorities
- Assist the Country Tax Lead execute Global tax strategy, deliver the tax functional Plan and execute the Tax Manual Frameworks and Controls
- Provision of tax advice in relation to business transactions and structuring investments for new and existing projects, having regard to cross-border implications and the best interests of the wider Shell Group
- Provide concise, accurate, comprehensive, intelligible, and timely tax advice to relevant Shell stakeholders in Philippines ; interacting with global and regional teams to ensure cross-border issues are properly executed
- Responsible for the development and implementation of plans to optimise the tax charge, consistent with business strategies
- Ensure all aspects of planning and advice are properly considered in the return and reporting process
- Represent the company with shaping activities as required with the various government agencies such as the tax office, customs office, Department of Energy, Department of Finance, Congress (House of Representatives)
- Raise tax awareness in the business and Shell Business Operations through training and workshops.
- Respond to inspections and audit requests from fiscal authorities, coordinating related activities with Finance Operations and Controllers as appropriate, and manage disputes to an optimal solution for Shell.
Shell has been present in the Philippines since 1914 and today employs more than 3,000 people. Shell's diversity of operations in the Philippines attracts world-class graduates and experienced professionals alike. Our commitment to your career and learning is evidenced by our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled access to a local and global pool of experts. Innovation is imbedded in our working culture, and you will benefit from our drive to help you succeed and unlock your potential. The Shell companies in the Philippines (SciP) include various companies operating in oil and gas exploration, production, oil refining, distribution and sales to consumers. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC) refines, blends, transports and sells a wide range of high quality fuels, lubricants, liquefied petroleum gas, bitumen and other specialty oil-based products. It operates a 93-thousand barrels per day refinery, 22 oil depots across the country and over 970 retail stations nationwide.
- 10 years experience in Philippine taxation (as Tax Counsel) in a multinational preferably in oil or related industries; Or a professional (audit) firm for a minimum of 7 years with managerial background, ideally with experience in petroleum or excise taxes
- Recognized professional qualification and member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body
- Tax litigation experience for at least 5 years
- Extensive network in government and industry
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both written and oral;
- Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills;
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions;
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business;
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video