Piping Designer Location:
Houston, TX Duration:
Long Term Contract Pay Rate:
Competitive. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Module Equipment Layout utilizing cut sheets interfacing with the Mechanical and Process Departments
- Pipe routing utilizing PDMS from P&ID's
- Drawing generation of equipment and piping arrangements from PDMS
- Material Take off reporting from PDMS
- Conduct and document internal/client design reviews using PDMS and/or Navisworks
- Maintain Project schedule and man hour estimate
- Oversee and direct other project team members
- May produce piping isometrics on "stress critical" lines
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ensure PDMS Design Standards are adhered by all team members.
- 20 plus years of equipment layout and piping design experience with Project Piping Lead design experience.
- FPSO - Offshore Piping design experience REQUIRED
- Ability to adapt to project priority or design changes
- Must demonstrate ability to prepare root cause analysis, develop alternative solutions and communicate associated benefits and risks.
- Regularly demonstrates capability for conceptualizing designs.
- Understanding of internal economic factors (cost, margins, profit impact of decisions) affecting assigned areas.
- Must be proficient in use of CAD and Database systems related to Engineering functions.
- Demonstrates good organization and project planning skills.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.