Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Fabrication, Welding
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Welding Engineer - Upstream located in Houston, TX Texas.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Resolve welding and welding related quality issues (e.g. fit-up, PWHT, defects, laboratory testing) during fabrication of upstream onshore and offshore facilities and equipment on a wide range of metals e.g., carbon/low alloy, stainless steels, nickel base, copper and titanium alloys.
- Provide resolution on welding and fabrication related concession requests during Major Capital Projects (MCP) bid process and execution.
- Travel to construction / contractor’s facilities for direct interface with contractor and provide direct input to resolve welding related issues at work site.
- Mentor less experienced engineers to achieve working familiarity with welding and fabrication of upstream onshore and offshore facilities and equipment.
- Generation of new and revision of existing welding/fabrication-related Chevron Engineering Standards (CES)
- Represent Chevron's interests in welding related topics at industry engagements e.g. API 1104 meetings
- Lead and develop Chevron's strategy in the welding research space including management of Strategic Research (SR) /Technology Development (TD) work
- Build and maintain effective customer relationships based on rapport and credibility, understanding their needs and expectations, and flexibility to change.
- Communicate with and influence early career engineers through senior management, across diverse cultures and with a diverse range of technical backgrounds. Demonstrated ability to work as an individual contributor and in a team.
- Work in a consulting business model and time-write to meet team billable-hour targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Welding or Materials/Metallurgical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in writing pWPS (for PQR generation), overseeing PQR testing at welding laboratories, reviewing and issuing WPS/PQR across wide range of metallurgies, welding processes (EBW, FCAW, GTAW, GMAW, LBW, PAW, SMAW & SAW) and welding applications.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in field/shop fabrication/construction (offshore structures, subsea equipment, piping, vessel, process plant, tank and pipeline industries) with demonstrated ability to combine field and welding/metallurgical knowledge to provide comprehensive and cost-effective solutions in the oil and gas industry.
- Deep knowledge of relevant construction and fabrication codes (e.g., ASME Sec IX, Sec VIII, B31.1, B31.3, B31.8, API 1104, AWS D1.1, NACE MR0175).
- Advanced understanding of material degradation mechanisms in the oil and gas production industry and the impact of welding practices on susceptibility to cracking and corrosion.
- 20% domestic and international travel
- Prior experience serving on industry committees (e.g. AWS, API, ASME)
Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Welding Engineering
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston