Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Alarm Management Advisor supports Shell-operated Refineries and Chemical Plants to achieve business results with special focus on alarm management processes and tools.
Key accountabilities include:
- Participate in operational audits, with focus on alarm management IT tools usage
- Onboard and develop site alarm management SMEs
- Perform periodic audits to assure consistent metrics reporting
- Support sites to improve Master Alarm Database completeness and quality
- Support sites to improve alarm management results
- Contribute to and at times lead Regional Alarm Management Practitioner Networks
- Provide troubleshooting and support to resolve tools issues
- Serve a liaison between sites and IT support functions, coordinating issue resolution as needed
- Manage prioritization of tool enhancements
- Support Business Lead and IT Management to update IT roadmap
- Facilitate master alarm database initial set-up workshops for new assets (or refresh for brownfield assets)
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in the hydrocarbon processing industry
- Deep technical understanding of Distributed Control Systems (Emerson, Honeywell, Yokogawa, Invensys)
- Strong IT coding and architecture skill
- Operations and/or Operations support experience
- Anticipate 30% travel
- Flexible hours to support sites globally
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video