The Sourcing Leader delivers sourcing projects potentially with the support of junior sourcing resources for a Sourcing Cell within a Global Sourcing Center (GSC). He/She develops and implements strategies and tactics to effectively manage this portfolio in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the Company business plan.
He/She reports to the Sourcing Cell Manager. In addition, maintains a close working relationship with P&S Areas and GeoMarket teams, Category, Supplier Management and Sustaining teams.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Is responsible to deliver sourcing project affected to his/her Sourcing Cell together with junior sourcing resources from the GSC allocated on project basis.
- Provides categories expertise to his/her Sourcing Cell.
- Is assigned to project opportunities received from Categories and Areas by the Sourcing Cell Manager.
- Provides input to the Sourcing Cell Manager to develop the action plan, the timeline, the resource assignment and business cases for each of these opportunities.
- Executes sourcing projects including:
- The data collection (Spend, needs, market) and analysis
- The effective location, evaluation and selection of a high-performing supply base in accordance with a short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category managers if relevant or through new suppliers if required
- The execution of RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership
- The supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, and selection processes, up to parts & process qualification, in coordination with Quality standards and Supplier Managers if applicable
- The negotiation of prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives
- The analysis of the different offers and the recommendation of 1 or several award scenarios
- The review of the contracting process with suppliers in coordination the Contract Management Specialist
- The communication with Segment Account Lead at Global Category and Area level to secure proper Segment engagement at all steps of the sourcing process
- The update / creation of sourcing guides, catalogues and BPN whenever applicable with the help of the sourcing administrative support resources.
- The proper formalization of the projects through use of GSC template utilization, reliable and timely Ariba entries.
- The knowledge transfer to the supplier manager(s).
- Secures that the projects he/she is assigned on deliver the expected outcome within the planned budget and timeframe, and according to GSC processes.
- Reviews his/her team evaluation (Segment and Internal) at the end of each project and propose RWP whenever needed to the Sourcing Cell Manager.
- Develops the junior sourcing resources affected on his/her projects to:
- Develop sourcing expertise,
- Business acumen and Segment business understanding,
- Project management skills,
- Client service attitude,
- Defines training needed for the resources working in his/her project and propose career development plan to the Sourcing Cell Manager and the GSC HR Analyst to develop the GSC workforce and adapt it to the Segments and business needs.
- Identifies and propose to the Sourcing Cell Manager opportunities for continuous improvement and client service attitude development.
- Complies with all Schlumberger, EMS and local procedures applicable to the job function.
- Employee may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in sourcing with excellent knowledge of supply chain.
- Interpersonal skills including:
- Collaboration with others.
- Analytical, structured and be able to influence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and being multitask.
- Result oriented.
- Candidates having the ability to demonstrate principled leadership with sound business ethics and consistency with principles, values, and behavior.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.