Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Decommissioning, Structural Engineering
Other Skills: Heavy Lift, Lead Decommissioning, Structural Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of our Decommissioning team based in Norwich. This position is responsible for the planning, design, execution and regulatory compliance of dismantling of offshore platforms as well as assist in the preparation and removal of major onshore and subsea items. The successful candidate will develop and maintain close working relationships with onshore and offshore teams in the definition and delivery of this work. This role will report directly to the decommissioning manager and is responsible for the management of engineer(s). There may be a requirement to travel offshore on occasions as operationally required.
Key responsibilities include
• Ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice for all aspects of decommissioning works
• Recommend strategy for the removal of offshore platforms as well as subsea protection structures or onshore plant when required
• Implement the agreed dismantlement strategy, inclusive of but not limited to: tender preparation and evaluation, contractors' management, engineering review and validation, planning of resources, execution of activities and close-out.
• Define preparation works required to prepare the platform ahead of dismantlement and support the implementation of the plan with the offshore combined operations management team and the onshore LDE - Operations
• Review and validate lifting analysis, global temporary in-place analysis, motion & transport analysis, sea fastening design, towing and anchoring analysis in line with appropriate codes and standards
• Act as a focal point for all structural related works in the decommissioning department
• Support the Decommissioning Compliance and Assurance team into the definition of the decommissioning strategy for platform dismantlement; provide adequate engineering support to ensure validation.
• Lead the implementation of the management of change (MOC) process for all relevant decommissioning activities.
• Lead engineer(s) and develop their abilities in the decommissioning area
• Continual development of methodologies / strategies. Assess potential use of alternative technologies in order to reduce decommissioning costs.
• Manage contractors where required & provide operational interface to operations as necessary
• Carry out cost estimates for forthcoming decommissioning projects
• Develop AFE documentation for dismantlement projects
• Be able to prepare and present decommissioning strategies/costs to PUK senior management and platform partners to enable AFE approval.
• Lead the tendering process and review of proposals for relevant works in order to recommend most suitable contractors
• Support contract negotiations following tendering of scope of work
• Develop the required part of the Decommissioning Programmes and manage the performance standard review process in accordance with the various stages of the decommissioning process
• Assist Decommissioning Compliance & Assurance and PUK QHSE teams
• Input into decommissioning EIA
• Input into decommissioning and project comparative assessments
Safety Critical Tasks
Ensure all maintenance activities and all data to be recorded against Safety Critical Equipment with the Maintenance Management System is submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
Ability to identify integrity threats to allow appropriate inspection and repair plans to be developed to manage any anticipated defects that could occur within your allocated discipline.
Chartered Engineer in Civil/Structural/Mechanical/Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture, with relevant experience in the dismantlement of offshore assets and/or as a structural engineer in the Oil & Gas, renewables, transport and installation, heavy lift or marine engineering sector.
Knowledge of engineering, project management, planning, logistics and relevant legislation
Strong major project biased knowledge
Offshore experience of PF decommissioning engineering and operations
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership skills in order to develop others, provide timely feedback and guidance to other engineers and the decommissioning manager as well as interact with the decommissioning team and the wider business. You will be able to facilitate change where the tasks are complex, unclear or uncertain and have a can do attitude.