Skills: Civil Engineering, Laboratory Ops / Tech, Project Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Roles And Responsibilities
· Coordinate standard field and laboratory operations and programs; follow project through to independent completion (review by higher level professionals for professional judgment and correct execution). On more complex or unique assignments, the project supervisor will furnish instructions. Required to perform routine and special field and laboratory testing, and data preparation, as required on a project basis.
· Supervise field and laboratory operations of company and subcontractors and solve minor problems that may arise in the process. Identify technicians and entry-level engineers requiring additional training.
· Prepare instructions for field and laboratory testing programs and manage their execution
· Review and edit data and selects foundation design parameters.
· Perform analyses and check the calculations of other professionals as assigned.
· Prepare drafts of project report text and illustrations, which will require coordination of support services such as drafting and printing.
· Monitor project budget and satisfaction of project scope of work.
· Assist project supervisor in preparation of proposals, invoices, and marketing.
· Participate in client meeting, complete administrative paperwork by due dates, and perform duties as assigned.
· Intercompany contacts with continuing development of client contact.
· Adheres to quality management system and complies with HSE requirements.
· Other related duties as required.
- BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the basics of technical specialty.
- Good writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- A general knowledge of computers.
- Good math skills.
- Travelling (international and offshore) may be required.
- 3 to 4 years' experience.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite; appropriate skill level on computer software applications pertinent to areas of specialization
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
We are the world’s leading, independent provider of geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions for large constructions, infrastructure and natural resources. We provide the technical data and information required to design, construct and maintain your structures and infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
Are you new to the workforce and just starting your career? Are you looking for new challenges in your field of expertise? Have you learned and acquired skills which translate easily into our global workforce? Fugro has opportunities for individuals at all career levels and experience. Explore the possibilities to Join Team Fugro!
10 Reasons To Join Fugro
Many of us have asked ourselves what are the compelling reasons that we love our jobs and what keeps us committed to this company. We want to share those reasons with you so that you know why we are so engaged and motivated by working for Fugro.
1 - We have been rewarded for our good work.
Fugro delegates responsibility to the lowest level possible meaning that there are outstanding opportunities to grow your career.
2 - We love being part of a great team.
Fugro’s team driven work environments allow us to succeed in and celebrate our work as part of a team.
3 - We work with the best and brightest.
Fugro is led by industry leading individuals who share their knowledge as mentors to others.
4 - We get to work with individuals from all over the globe.
Fugro’s diverse culture and global footprint means that we get exposed to people and cultures from all over the world.
5 - We have learned more working at Fugro than any other time in our career.
Fugro is committed to providing ongoing training and development to the staff.
6 - We chart our own course.
Fugro’s global presence means that there are virtually unlimited opportunities to grow and work internationally.
7 - We want to come home at night and we care about the communities in which we work.
Fugro has a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
8 - We get to work with some awesome tools.
Fugro has a passion to employ technology and innovation in the workplace.
9 - We sleep well at night knowing Fugro is a strong and stable company.
Fugro has been in existence for more than 50 years and during that time has continued to grow and prosper.
10 - We get to be part of something greater than just a Company.
Fugro is committed to corporate social responsibility and this is expressed through charitable support and volunteerism in the communities in which we live and work.