Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Casper, Wyoming, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Responsible for all work on the monkey board above the drilling floor and tubing board above the well servicing floor. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Performs initial completions, remedials, or downhole maintenance operations from an elevated position (rod basket or tubing board)
- Maintains and performs preventative maintenance and basic repairs to workover rigs and associated equipment; checks fluid, oil, water, hydraulic, and transmission levels; reports any maintenance issues to operator
- Aligns and manipulates sections of pipe, or of the drill stem from a platform on the rig derrick during the removal and replacement of strings of pipe, the drill stem and drill bit
- Assists in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling rigs
- Sets hydraulic jacks, handles pads/boards and assists in attaching guy wires to anchor
- Operates and maintains drilling rig diesel motors, transmissions, pumps, and drilling mud systems; mixes mud, chemicals, cements and additives
- Reads gauges to monitor pressure, density, rate and concentration and adjust pumping procedure as required
- Records mud flows and volumes and take samples
- Drives company vehicle as necessary over various types of road conditions and terrain including highways, rural roads including paved and gravel surfaces, and off road situations including two track roads
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Works well with others
- Basic problem solving and organization skills
- Must have knowledge of oilfield operations
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to enter confined spaces above the drilling floor by the use of ladders or other access devices height 30 ft or more up
- Long periods of standing, squatting, kneeling, reaching or similar activities may be necessary
Typical working conditions and hazards:
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Exposure to oilfield chemicals and hazardous environments
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment