Luanda, Luanda Province, Angola
Luanda, Luanda Province, Angola
Skills: NDT Technician, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Luanda, Luanda Province, Angola
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Inspection Division is a major provider of engineering, inspection and non-destructive testing services, with worldwide capability to the petrochemical, power generation, oil and gas and aerospace industries.
Execute inspections as required by inspection Engineers and Senior Inspection Engineers and report back in the required approved format in a timely manner.
Where required supervise and coordinate ad-hoc inspection or NDT inspectors or NDT inspection teams on offshore platforms or landsites to ensure that they execute all ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle inspection, dye penetrant inspections and radiographic inspections on items of static equipment and associated piping in accordance with company, IRATA, client standards and regulatory requirements and ensure reports are in the correct format and submitted in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute welding inspection, plant inspection, ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle inspection, dye penetrant inspections and radiographic inspections on items of static equipment and associated piping utilizing company approved rope access techniques
- Ad hoc NDT inspections
- Produce detailed reports with isometrics or sketches showing the areas inspected and the results obtained.
- Where required supervise ad-hoc NDT Inspectors or NDT Inspection Teams on offshore platform or landsite to ensure that they execute all ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle inspection, dye penetrant inspections and radiographic inspections on items of static equipment and associated piping in accordance with company and client standards, utilizing company approved rope access techniques and regulatory requirements and ensure reports are in the correct format and submitted in a timely manner
- Ensure and track all company inspection equipment on offshore platform or landsite is calibrated and well maintained and report accordingly
- Maintain company’s inspection files
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
Qualifications and Training
- ASNT/PCN: Magnetic particle inspection and dye penetrant testing Level II (E)
- ASNT/PCN: Radiographic testing, including CRT Level II (E)
- In date IR medical (E)
- RPS experience (P)
- ASNT/PCN: Ultrasonic, eddy current inspection (P)
- CSWIP Plant Inspector Level 1 or equivalent (P)
- CSWIP Welding Inspector 3.1 or equivalent (P)
- IRATA Level 1 (minimum) (P)
- Offshore medical (E) and survival certification (P)
- Minimum 5 years experience in the relevant inspection techniques within the oil and gas industry (E)
- Must be familiar with QA/QC systems (E)
- Be proficient in Word, Excel and Windows based programs (E)
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to generate a team approach to problem solving (E)
- Good communicator both written and verbal (E)
Essential Job Functions
Specific vision abilities for this job are required (all those who carry out field works should have this validated by undergoing an annual eye test.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.