Skills: CAD / CAM
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: 77303, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Well Planner II is responsible for providing support to the Directional Department in the planning, development and execution of onshore directional drilling activities for new and existing wells. By independently collaborating with Engineers and Geologists, the Well Planner II will use Landmark COMPASS as well as other relevant software to calculate well trajectories and ensure customer objectives are met.
The Well Planner II works under the direction of the Well Planning Manager.
· Gather and interpret data to calculate well plans as required by customer
· Prepare plan reports, anti-collision reports, and wall plots for customer and field use
· Prepare daily PVA reports and End of Well reports
· Update department, customer and field databases to ensure consistency
· Record and archive customer documentation and correspondence
· Maintain job logs and daily tracking databases
· Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
· Work independently and prioritize time to meet processing deadlines
· Perform other relevant projects and responsibilities as deemed necessary
· Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as other business systems such as AutoCAD and Landmark COMPASS or other equivalent planning software
· Ability to read and comprehend reports and other documentation received in the course of performing duties
· Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
· Maintain professional demeanor in all situations with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with employees and third parties at all levels
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Extremely detail oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· 1 year of well planning experience in an office environment for onshore wells
· Landmark COMPASS or other equivalent planning software experience
· Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics or related field
· AutoCAD or equivalent drafting software experience
This job requires the ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines and maintain a calm and professional demeanor when adversity is encountered. It also requires the physical ability to work in office environment including the ability to sit for long periods of time while performing office or computer tasks. The job requires participation in a 24 hour on call rotation including weekend and holidays. All applicants must be able to commit to a full-time schedule.
Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.’s subsidiaries provide onshore contract drilling and pressure pumping services to exploration and production companies in North America. These subsidiaries include Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC, Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc., Universal Well Services, Inc., and Patterson-UTI Management Services, LLC.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.