Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Supervise and perform the Slick Line and Electric Line service at well sites completing basic services. Supervise and perform maintenance of Slick Line and Electric Line equipment. Work with P&A crews performing well abandonment operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise Slickline/Electric Line Crew.
- Must be able to pre-load job with no supervision
- Proficient knowledge of well conditions, allowing discussions with customer and rig crews.
- Communicate with company personnel.
- Conduct pre-job safety meetings and complete JSA's.
- Keep all wire line equipment cleaned and maintained.
- Cleans and checks service unit, tools, and equipment, and performs routine maintenance in preparation for next job.
- Required to complete Weatherford's training to obtain a Blasters License.
- Must be able to complete job tickets, summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
- Maintain neat housekeeping.
- Assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Available on a 24-hour call basis to respond to customer needs.
- Must be able to complete all Weatherford/Industry Required Safety Training.
- Must follow all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Required to handle hazardous materials.
- Operates hoist, performs routine measure checks, calculations and adjustments to ensure accurate depth measurements.
- Assembles, prepares, checks and loads equipment required for a scheduled job.
- Sets up service unit, unloads equipment, assembles, and prepares tools and rigging up on location.
- Guide subsurface tools in and out of well bore under the supervision Wellsite Supervisor.
- Coordinates activities of assisting operators and/or customer's crew members.
- Participates in rigging down, and loading equipment.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Must be willing to work offshore and meet offshore training requirements.
- 3+ years of previous wireline experience
- Offshore experience is preferred
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain neat and accurate paperwork.
- Basic knowledge of electricity.
- General knowledge of Well bore dynamics.
- Must have completed the required training level for Intervention Services.
- General computer skills.
- Able to operate fork lift if required.
- Should be flexible to accomplish various duties.
- Must be able to obtain explosive handlers license.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS:
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.
Weatherford is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.