Shell Energy Australia (SEAu) is a newly established business line within Shell Energy (SE) under Trading & Supply, focused on trading gas and power in the Australian market
The SEA Finance Advisor (FA) position will play a key role in our team and will be responsible for management reporting, advising front office on the SEAu Trading Mandate and Manual of Authorities, ensuring compliance with the Trading Desk Control Sheets and Deal Approval Form (DAF) process and manage the derivative accounting.
Some of the key accountabilities of the role include;
- Work closely with the Finance Adviser and other Finance staff to further develop and maintain all financial and process controls for SEAU's Trading business.
- Assist the Senior Finance Adviser in ensuring that the SEAU Mandate, Manual of Authorities, Deal Approval Process & ORS policies are kept up to date and complied with.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the management reporting processes.
- Assist the Finance Adviser in their role as AFSL focal point for SEAU and liaise with the STn compliance group on all these matters.
- Play a key role in system and process testing.
- You will be responsible for coordinating the negotiation of bank guarantees with STCE.
- Coordinate accounting treatment of financial instruments and manage the derivative accounting treatment, requires a strong understanding of IFRS 9 Financial Instruments.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have/be;
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, with extensive demonstrable experience in energy markets with a merchant energy company.
- Knowledge of Trading Finance processes including Back Office, Finance Operations, Treasury and risk management.
- Ability to digest extremely complex sets of data/information and create a coherent and targeted strategy.
- Technical accounting experience, preferably obtained in a trading environment.
- Strong commercial and contracting acumen and ability to identify and deliver on business value drivers.
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of Endur would be beneficial.
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, based in various locations, whilst maintaining a high work level of work ethic, being able to work autonomously and being passionate about diving our company's performance
If you have these skills, relevant engineering qualifications and have the specialist competencies and experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Shell Australia is recognised as an employer of choice for women from the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA). At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video