Skills: Production Engineering
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
The Prelude FLNG project will be one of the first of its kind in the Oil & Gas industry. It will comprise of sub-sea wells tied back to a Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) facility, which encompasses gas processing and liquefaction through to LNG/LPG/Condensate storage and offloading, along with the requisite supporting marine and utilities facilities. It will also be Shell Australia’s first operating asset.
When operational, the Prelude FLNG facility will be stationed approximately 450 km North North East of Broome, Western Australia, in Australian Commonwealth Ocean waters of 250 meters depth.
The Production CSU Interface Lead position will play a key role in our team and will Provide an effective interface between the Asset Operations team and the Project Commissioning team to ensure hot commissioning and SURU activities are planned, prepared and conducted in a safe and timely manner, as well as provide coaching /development of team of S/U operators.
Some of the key accountabilities of the role include;
- Promoting a positive approach to HSSE in all aspects of Production Operations activities by demonstration of personal commitment to HSE through the application of safety critical behaviors.
- Driving a consistent and effective application of operations base case processes (including Operating Integrity and Maintenance and Integrity Execution)
- Ensure that production operations activities identified in the Production Plan are safely executed by S/U operators and within Asset technician team;
- Provide production operations input into production operations functional plans;
- Support Production Operations, Scheduling and Offtake activities;
- Coordinating production operation activities with CSU/support/maintenance teams as required
- Support SIMOPs within the shift periods;
- Ensure the technical quality and accuracy of all work performed;
- Manage and develop a competent, self directed work team, encompassing HSE, technical and development skills for all personnel;
- Ensuring that all Legal, regional and Group reporting requirements are complied with;
- Support and Implement Competency Assurance, Training & Development Plans.
Some of the key Challenges of the role include;
- A landmark development where success is of importance in terms of Shell and Shell Australia’s reputation;
- Complex offshore processing facilities that incorporates Upstream, LNG, Utilities, Storage & Loading and Marine operations in one facility;
- Managing a workforce that will comprise of a combination of experienced staff from the oil & gas industry; experienced staff from other industries and inexperienced technical staff to operate and maintain the facility that requires a unique combination of Upstream, LNG, Sub-sea, Utilities and Marine skills and experience;
- High facility availability requirements, necessary to meet sales contracts & protect the Company’s reputation; and
- High degree of cross discipline influencing, team building & activity coordination & interfacing across a broad range of business areas.
Crucial to the success of this role is the ability to work effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, based in various locations, whilst maintaining a high work level of work ethic, being able to work autonomously and being passionate about diving our company’s performance
If you have these skills, relevant engineering qualifications and have the specialist competencies and experience relevant to the petroleum, gas and energy sectors we would love to hear from you
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video