Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Anacortes, Washington, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
The Sr Project Engineer will manage a portfolio of focused projects for Shell’s Puget Sound Refinery with the objectives of Goal Zero, Top Quartile performance, Flawless Startup, and Highly Reliable Future Operations. The Sr Project Engineer will work together with the site team and other support teams to ensure the project is ready for all project stage gates.
The role reports directly to the Projects Integration Manager and is located at the Shell Puget Sound Refinery in Anacortes Washington.
The Project Engineer will have the following accountabilities:
- Be an ambassador for HSSE within and outside the project team.
- Support the delivery of the Pre-FEED, FEED and the Detailed Engineering for OSBL scope.
- Manage the OSBL Engineering Contractors.
- Manage interfaces with the engineering disciplines to ensure timely delivery against the schedule and agreed milestones.
- Manage interfaces and ensure integration between the ISBL/OSBL engineering contractors.
- Drive timely delivery of project deliverables to the agreed quality.
- Identify and drive opportunities to reduce project costs.
- Support the delivery of the Construction, Commissioning and Start-up of projects
- Ensure communication and integration between local & non-local teams, contractors, and multiple other organizations
The successful candidate is a committed, delivery-driven professional with relevant experience including hands-on experience in Facilities, Field, and Project Engineering in the Downstream environment.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in the Petrochemical & Gas industry.
- Track record of delivery against ambitious targets.
- Project Engineering skills in project development activities, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, and start-up.
- Collaborative Contractor management skills.
- Strong Process Engineering and Safeguarding skills.
- Successful assignments on large Refinery expansion projects.
- Proven results identifying and delivering cost saving opportunities in Engineering, Procurement, and Construction.
- Knowledge of Utility Systems (particularly Flare, Hydrogen, Cooling Water, Electrical, Hydrogen, Steam, Ammonia).
- Direct experience with construction sequencing, contracting strategies, and field progress reporting both developing effective work structures and managing efficient field execution.
- Keen understanding of logistics requirements at a local, national and international level.
- Competence coordinating the design and manufacturing of packaged or modularized systems.
- Must have ability to define and manage contracts with Suppliers, Engineering and Construction contractors.
- Knowledge of Process Safety Criteria and Requirements.
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with Team comprised of a diverse international workforce.
- Prior experience at Puget Sound Refinery is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to support project deliverable requirements.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video