POSITION TITLE: Facilities Engineer
LOCATION: Houston, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within multiple industries. Our client is an independent oil and natural gas E&P company with its headquarters in Houston, TX. The Facilities Engineer is responsible for the design of new battery, battery retrofit and artificial lift support projects.
- Champions ‘No Harm' culture by demonstrating strong safety/environmental values and enabling safety culture in the Business Unit.
- Is fully competent in standard techniques, procedures, and criteria used in carrying out a sequence of engineering tasks.
- Under general supervision, performs all aspects of work applying new information and concepts.
- Coordinates the development of fit for purpose standards and specifications for surface facility projects.
- Provides technical support and leadership for the design of gas, oil, and produced water handling facilities, including gathering systems, compressor stations, treating facilities, water treating systems, and SWD plants.
- Champions MOC process and leads facilities projects from inception to commissioning.
- Coordinates with EH&S and Regulatory for all required permits and compliance and ensures operations comply with all corporate EH&S policies and governmental regulations.
- Oversees preparation of all necessary design drawings and construction documents (plats, P&IDs, PFDs, vessel sizing, etc.).
- Implements and aids in the development of company standards and technical practices.
- Develops AFE costs and assists in budgeting exercises.
- Manages accruals and project cost control.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline (Mechanical/Chemical).
- 5+ years of related experience in oil and gas industry experience.
- Experience in budget analysis, engineering project management & oil field equipment.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.