Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The role of the Maintenance Mechanical Technician is a specialized technician who follows a specific training program and is a member of the maintenance team with the important role of maintaining the reliability of our equipment. The Maintenance Technician Mechanical is responsible for doing modifications on corrective and preventive maintenance, to minimize the failures in electric and mechanical equipment in order to prevent either lost time or poor quality data by ensuring that their assigned equipment is maintained as per Segment standards.
The Maintenance Mechanical Technician reports in most cases directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or in some cases directly to the Maintenance Manager or department team leader depending on the local organizational structure.
Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
- Participates in advanced schools and seminars related to his/her expertise, for refreshing and actually sharing his/her knowledge with the maintenance team, ensures his/her post training is accurately recorded.
- Keeps current with new equipment and technology and updated maintenance methods.
- Promotes the importance of Data and Service Quality and flawless job execution within the maintenance community.
- Understands and complies with Schlumberger's rules and regulations.
- Assists in the development and coaching of less senior Technicians.
- Assists the other team members with the maintenance sections of their training program and liaises, where required with Field Operations Personnel.
- Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at shop with highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures.
- Performs equipment repair and modification in a competent complete manner in accordance with documented procedures and workmanship standards.
- Efficiently troubleshoots and repairs assigned equipment.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis of failures.
- Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately using the most up to date Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Drives their workflow and ensures data entry is accurate, timely and honestly
- Actively uses InTouch Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
- Makes recommendations to supervisors on requirements for spare parts, test equipment and tools necessary for efficient maintenance.
- Understands and helps drive the World Wide Service Quality Plan within the location.
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
- Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of Schlumberger and client information.
- Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
- Supports Management efforts to minimize general and Segment-specific Quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Conducts unsafe and hazardous situation audits / identification.
- Uses QUEST to report and for follow up on Quality, HSE and RIR events.
- Understands and actively applies the OFS LTI/AA Prevention Plan.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successfully graduated with a 3 years Technical degree.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Maintenance Technician, preferably in Oil & Gas.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.