Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering's business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management. Duties & Responsibilities Purpose
The Quality Engineer will provide support to the business units by implementing the Oceaneering quality management system & related tools/processes to accelerate business results, reduce COPQ and improve on time delivery. Functions
- Work closely with key Sr. Operating personnel to ensure the QMS system is based upon their business needs and is aligned with the strategic plan.
- Conduct quality based risk assessments to determine the criticality of activities performed, and the competence of affected employees.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our Customer quality requirements.
- Provide support to the Planning, Proposal, and Development process. - (risk, RFQ review, exceptions etc.).
- Review, approve and provide comment on specifications, drawings, plans and procedures.
- Provide QA/QC support to all client projects as assigned. Support entails but it is not limited to risk management, quality reporting, audit management and other project related activities.
- Compile and maintain detailed project Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans.
- Compile and maintain detailed client specific Product Inspection & Test Plans
- Responsible for the day to day management and development of program specific QMS internal audit program, NCR and CAR systems. Responsibilities include but not limited to planning, executing and reporting internal audits, processing of CARs, mentoring new auditors, maintaining system metrics and developing the QMS systems to meet the business challenges and goals.
- Prepare and troubleshoot corrective actions in relation to system related nonconforming events/near hits, adopting and promoting best practice use of robust root cause methodologies.
- Quantify, and analyze COPQ data and metrics reporting to local and global management.
- Support process monitoring and measurement processes through the development and implementation of statistical process control, where applicable.
- Work closely with Technical Assurance and Program Management to support the establishment of product and process control procedures, as well as quality triggers within the production and/or service process.
- Serve as Quality representative for client and 3rd party inspection site audits/meetings/visits.
- Ensure the independent asset, product, and component inspection function is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, and customer requirements.
- Provide support and leadership to the site, proactive quality programs including DFMEA, PFMEA, COPQ reduction projects, incident investigation and waste reduction projects.
- Ensure requirements that are critical to quality (CTQ's) are defined, understood and aligned with current capabilities and are managed to ensure conformance.
- Develop processes that are based upon items deemed Critical to Quality (CTQ's), and Critical to Process (CTP's),
- Actively participate in the development, execution and close out of program specific continuous improvement projects while working in a cross functional environment.
- Collaborate with business management and improvement teams to identify improvement opportunities and establish project goals, strategies, metrics and priorities.
- Support the organizations drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance. Support includes but is not limited to conducting Stop observations, attending HSE related meetings, supporting HSE improvement projects and any other related task deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Utilize the SmartSolve on line system to manage the fundamentals of quality assurance, provides meaningful data to the business leaders to drive improvement and align with the strategic direction.
- Support the customer satisfaction and loyalty processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably in Quality, Mechanical, Electrical or related degree.
- (8)+ years of experience in Quality Engineering/Continuous Improvement role.
- Demonstrated success with implementing process improvement.
- Must have extensive working knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience of working in an environment such as oil & gas products, automotive, or medical device preferred.
- Experience with nondestructive testing such as radiographic testing, magnetic particle testing, penetrant testing, etc. and welding is preferred.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.