Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
As the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be working in a project role performing work as required by the project specific assigned role and in accordance with Oceaneering HSE policy, management processes and quality requirements.
You will be required to contribute to the effective and continuously improved work methods and processed of the department, within the organization line and with respect to Oceaneering regarding:
· Business Processes
· Organizational Processes
· Engineering methodology
· Tools (software systems, procedures)
· Participate in projects according to the temporarily assigned project role. May act as technical lead.
· Handles all aspects of a project, as needed, to include customer interface, modeling, detail drawings, analysis, documentation, assembly support and testing.
· Perform conceptual design work and engineering analysis.
· Prepare and review technical proposals and specifications.
· Create complete design packages and necessary documentation.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct reports
- Engineering Degree Bachelor/Master
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Extensive 3D CAD modeling experience, preferably SolidWorks
- Skilled in writing technical documents (2D drawings, manuals, procedures)
- Must have good multidiscipline knowledge
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to train/mentor younger engineers
- Ability to act as project engineer when needed
- Safety focused
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.