Skills: Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for assisting in the day to day management of the logistics function, ensuring cost effectiveness and timely management of carriage, using approved vendors for Imports and Exports.
- Organising all shipments in line with company requirements.
- Ensuring the integrity of import / export documentation such as Bills of lading, Commercial invoices and AWBs.
- Ensuring all Export compliance licenses are applied for when required.
- Timely preparation of import documentation and authorization for HMRC for all air and sea shipments globally.
- Preparing and maintaining a delivery schedule and communicating to all relevant departments.
- Assisting with the re-negotiating of terms of business/service level agreements and performance evaluation and taking corrective action as required.
- Verification of all freight invoices.
- Deliver against departmental KPIs.
- Organising Local Haulage requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities
- Reporting to Logistics Manager.
- Dangerous Goods by Air/Sea.
- A Level standard with a minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade C passes, to include English & Math’s or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of logistics management within an MRP environment.
Member of CIPS or equivalent logistics qualification.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent understanding of efficient materials flow and best practice.
- Extensive experience in dealing with global suppliers.
- Strong track record of negotiating logistics terms.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.