Skills: Maintenance Technician, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Fabric maintenance coordination of all activities in collaboration with client Asset Integrity group. Manage SIM / FM database. Covers all aspects of asset fabric condition eg coatings, insulation, passive fire protection, tertiary equipment (handrails, gratings, unistrut etc) Ensure integrity risks associated with external corrosion and fabric degradation are assessed, categorised and repair prioritised as per client's procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the FM contractor to ensure effective implementation of all FM work-scopes (all coatings, insulation, flange protection etc.).
- implement FM programs
- Work with Integrity and Inspection positions to ensure appropriate inspection programs are implemented as part of the FM work-scopes.
- Co-ordinate offshore FM contractor activities.
- Work with Integrity and Inspection positions to develop inspection strategies and programs to address threats to the assets ‘fabric’ integrity e.g. handrails and gratings; uni-strut; brackets etc. in line with industry best practice
- Responsible for the development and implementation of‘ tertiary’ equipment maintenance/replacement programs.
- Work with the Integrity Engineer to develop an integrated insulation removal and inspection program (in support of the CUI strategy).
- Prepare work packs or survey documentation for offshore surveyors
- Prepare FM reports at client request
- Collect and submit worksheets and offshore timesheets
- Review and extract information from inspection and survey reports
- Record data in database as per the SIM process
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Oceaneering Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
- Carry out work in accordance with the company health, safety, environmental, and quality systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of more environmental friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- This position supervises offshore inspectors, surveyors.
E- Essential, P- Preferred
- Minimum HND Engineering related (E)
- NACE coating inspector (E)
- Offshore survival and medical (E)
- Member of professional body eg NACE, ICorr etc
E- Essential, P- Preferred
- Solve database knowledge, or other FM databases (P)
- Composite wrap repair knowledge (P)
- Understanding of basic corrosion and corrosion protection principles (E)
- Ability to create and/or interpret various types of structural and piping technical drawings (e.g general arrangements, P&IDs, piping isometrics, structural drawings) (E)
- Ability to interface at all levels including client and senior management (E)
- Material take off / estimating (E)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and influencing skills (E)
- Strong team player with the ability to work standalone in challenge situations (E)
- Ability to work well within a team (E)
- Prioritization and organization of workload (E)
- Ability to work to tight timescales (E)
- Awareness of the business and its customers, coupled with an awareness of industry trends and how the business operates (P)
- Offshore work experience 5 years (E)
- Computer literate with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programs – proficient in Excel (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Computer Skills- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Peoplesoft, MS Project, Primavera
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training & development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Attendance & Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Motivation- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard or excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK, with occasional OFFSHORE trips to support inspectors.
OFFICE WORK – open plan office environment
OFFSHORE TRIPS - Outdoors and indoors, as well as over/near water. Remote work site with camp accommodation, facilities. Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment. Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare. Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks. Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases. Work surface is stable, height is elevated. Confined space or cramped spaces. Travel could be by ferry, workboat, taxi, train, bus, plane, helicopter. Work at height from elevated platforms or scaffold. Use of hand tools, gauges and meters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
Lift 20-50 pounds
Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
Identify color differences
Wear PPE for skin protection
Wear harness or fall protection systems
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
Sit with back supported
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.