Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Purpose The Plant Manager will assume responsibility for the Production and Manufacturing of the Rosyth site as well as related functions/areas. The candidate will be responsible for the safe and efficient running of the Manufacturing process and be accountable for the best utilisation of current and future resources. Functions
- Oversee the development of a leading-edge culture of safety and health practices throughout the business.
- Oversee the growth of the manufacturing organisation, embedding a mindset of “execution,” correcting bottlenecks, addressing supply chain issues and improving delivery performance.
- Create an effective balance between managing by the numbers and creating a congenial caring and engaging work environment that highly values people.
- Support project management by improving customer relations, project cost, schedule control, contract management, and risk management.
- Develop an operations road map for the business that matches measured productivity and capacity with anticipated demand.
- Embed a progressive training and development culture for all levels of the operations group.
- Instill a positive “can-do” attitude into the operations group, while creating a strong, positive atmosphere of teamwork, accountability and empowerment.
- Advocate and establish a strong culture of continuous improvement
- Identify opportunities of waste reduction and efficiency gains while developing the same proactive mindset throughout the organisation.
- Drive the operations group to rigorously adhere to the project delivery system (pds) toll gates with detailed risk anticipation and engineered mitigations.
- Be a strong team builder, who instills a high sense of urgency and confidence throughout the organization. .
- Upgrade, educate, train and evaluate staff to work more cohesively as a team and communicate more effectively across the enterprise in order to consistently deliver the outcomes and standards required.
- Accurately measure and report productivity while also instilling discipline, compliance and accountability by utilising appropriate metrics.
- Will be culturally aware and exhibit a patient, caring, but firm, leadership style.
- Identify, create, establish and enhance effective partnerships both internally in the business and externally as required.
- Become known as both a “leader of people and processes.” SafetyEnsure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- The Plant Manager reports to the General Manager, Subsea Distribution Solutions, Rosyth
- functions/areas reporting to the plant manager include:
- Umbilical Production Manager
- Manager of Process Engineering
- Test and Termination Manager
- Production Control Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Possess superior business and management acumen.
- MBA or equivalent is preferred but not essential .
- Have experience working in an engineered-to-order, high-value, low-volume, capital goods manufacturing environment.
- Possess the experience required to drive world-class business and manufacturing practices.
- Possess a broad understanding of the total business cycle and be aware of the risks associated with each business decision.
- Exhibit a broad understanding of manufacturing, cost, quality, and delivery and project management, and possess the ability to drive major improvements in each category.
- Demonstrate a strong command of business financials.
- Be strategic in nature, yet possess the management skills to execute tactically.
- Exhibit excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Be a Coach, Mentor and Team builder, focused on building strong relationships across all levels of the business.
- Drive cultural and operational improvement. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Projects, also database and other software requirements. The Plant Manager will exhibit the following characteristics
- Integrity: Believes in conducting business honestly and respectfully with customers, team members, suppliers, and the communities they operate in.
- Vision:Highly strategic in thought and behavior, driving daily execution while anticipating obstacles and opportunities and maintaining a long-term, big picture view. Possesses superior intellectual agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex manufacturing issues.
- Change Agility: An experienced change leader; creates effective plans to promote change; knows how to manage in changing circumstances; overcomes obstacles and seizes opportunities.
- Drive for Results: Results-oriented leader who can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; sets defined, measurable expectations and provides employees with the resources to exceed them; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes him/herself and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; understands that value to the customer goes beyond just sending a good product out the back door.
- Command Skills: Relishes leading; putting the business needs first, takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate, but isn't afraid to end it and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energised by tough challenges; is demanding, without alienating; effectively deploys “an iron fist in a velvet glove” while managing his people in a firm but fair manner in accordance with our business policies, procedures and standards.”
- Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Teamwork: Believes that all employees working together can exceed the expectations of Customers, Owners, Employees and others who have a stake in the business.
- Communication: Believes that the clear, effective exchange of thoughts, ideas and information are critical in building trust and success.
- Responsibility and Accountability: Believes in consistently leading, performing and conducting business in a manner that supports the company’s vision and values.
- Excellence: Believes that excellence is the result of caring enough to understand the customer's desires and having the passion and determination to exceed them. Understanding that striving for excellence entails setbacks and that learning and growing from these experiences will ensure success.
- Proactive: Disposed to take action or effect change; controlling a situation by causing something to happen rather than waiting to respond to it after it happens.
- Approachable: Treats everyone equitably; acts fairly; has candid conversations; doesn’t have hidden agendas; doesn’t give preferential treatment; is viewed as someone to discuss ideas with.
- FLEXIBILITY; can effectively adopt to meet changing business needs and/or resource restrictions while also being willing to undertake additional duties/responsibilities in order to help meet the business needs applying.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.