Skills: Business Development, Sales
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to work with customers to provide Life of Field solutions which meet customer requirements, while leveraging Oceaneering's unique portfolio of advanced products and services.
The Technical Solutions Lead has an advanced technical understanding of the offshore O&G industry, and has an existing base of industry contacts and relationships.
The Technical Solutions Lead is responsible for managing the customer relationship, utilizing and collecting market intelligence, and for working with the Commercial team to define pricing strategy.
- Present and discuss technical subjects relating to department products and services. Develop and implement strategic sales plans.
- Forecast and create corresponding performance goals. Build and deliver sales presentations.
- Prepare sales report with sales volume, prospects, and areas of proposed expansion. Provide constant competitive Information for the region.
- Record and report all meetings and opportunities into Oceaneering's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Work with customers very early in the sales cycle, so that Oceaneering can present innovative solutions to challenges, and develop competitive advantages.
- Take a leading role in the pre proposal clarification process, ensuring that customer specifications and other documents are well-understood.
- Assist in creation of marketing content.
- Assist Commercial team in formulation and documentation of sales and bidding strategies, including determination of target price.
- Assist Commercial team in formulating the content requirements for technical proposals. Travel internationally and domestically.
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Business Development Manager
- Preferred, Engineering and/or Business degree, significant or equivalent Industry experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic understanding of the following services:
- Standard and specialized ROV tooling
- BOP operations and maintenance tooling, customer owned equipment management, well containment response equipment
- IWOCS equipment for completion operations, controls troubleshooting and testing tooling packages, installation equipment and services
- Well intervention operations, well access tooling, open water coiled tubing services, flow line and subsea connection access tooling and services
- Dredging and cutting/abandonment tooling and services
- Opportunities where customized engineered solution or standard product line offering is used for rapid operational response
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of database software; Design software, Internet software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software and Word Processing software
- Ability to manage and monitor Sales budget.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically.
- Ability to “cold call” accounts and develop customer feedback into potential opportunities
- Can identify opportunities and inform other disciplines: project management, engineering, operations and assist in closing the opportunity.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships. Communication skills. Presenting and crucial conversation skills.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.