Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provides legal counsel and representation in all matters affecting the company’s onshore and offshore oilfield operations in Europe and Africa, including: commercial transactions; compliance; claims and litigation management; charters; and counseling in a variety of areas such as those below. Demonstrates judgment, exceptional attention to detail, a strong work ethic and team orientation.
- Have responsibility for regional oilfield business segment contracting, including related training and consultation;
- Develop and implement compliance programs and training;
- Establish, liquidate and manage regional subsidiaries and advise on subsidiary governance;
- Drafting and negotiating transactional documents in all aspects of the Company’s oilfield operations, including agreements for commercial transactions, vessel charters, exchanges of confidential and proprietary information, and agencies and distributorships;
- Advising on agency, employee relations, international trade, maritime, risk management, sales, and other legal issues;
- Providing and managing litigation support;
- Providing a supporting role in due diligence and other elements of corporate transactions;
- Coordinating work with outside counsel and overseeing efficient use of budgets for fees; and
- Traveling regionally and working additional hours as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Associate General Counsel.
- A qualified, practising solicitor in England & Wales or Scotland.
- At least 10 years of post-qualification legal practice experience (law firm or corporate), including prior experience in-house dealing with corporate and commercial transactions, particularly oilfield contracting matters, legal compliance, subsidiary governance, and outside counsel management.
- Have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Have the ability to effectively present information to personnel of all levels, including senior management, company directors, and public groups.
- Experience is preferred in the additional practice areas reference in the Essential Functions section above.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Manages difficult client situations and responds promptly to client needs
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.