Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for Management of day to day SIS Operations with prime responsibility of efficiently utilising resources, materials, and systems to maximise the capacity of the department.
- Oversee and organize work flow within the SIS team according to Oceaneering core beliefs i.e., by providing safe, cost-effective and quality technical solutions satisfying client needs worldwide.
- Support both the SIS General Manager and Technical Management Team to ensure the department is adaptable, efficient and profitable with exceptional customer service.
- Manage SIS Quality Assurance processes in readiness of DNV and UKAS audits
- Develops and coordinates project plans, manages teams to complete projects on time and within budget parameters.
- Addressing complaints from employee’s and clients and resolving problems.
- Directly supervises personnel within the SIS department in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Point of contact for Health and Safety the within the group, compete relevant training and carryout toolbox talks
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Travel alone or as part of a team, to be self sufficient and organized, hold a full UK driving licence.
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Technical Director/General Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Associated Honors Degree or equivalent NVQ.
- Have the ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must have good communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of all business stakeholders including managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as accountancy, probability and statistics.
- Have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- Minimum of 5 years experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in management systems, QHSE and advanced NDT.
- Five years experience and training with an inspection organization, including Oil, Gas and Power Generation environments.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Enovia and other asset management software’s.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals and balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment whilst making timely decisions.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.