Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bury Saint Edmunds, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Working within the Technical Support Group, this position offers an exciting opportunity and challenge for the successful applicant. Supporting, testing, maintaining and mobilisation of C-Nav GNSS equipment within the EMEA region. This key role within the department will be as part of a team offering first line technical support for the full range of Global Navigation Satellite Systems produced and operated by C-Nav including taking part in an on-call rotation.
Adherence to strict HSE policies and procedures is of utmost importance, irrespective of which service line is being supported, and shall be exhibited on a continual basis.
- Requires excellent communication skills to regularly provides technical assistance, support and technical advice to clients through the C-Nav helpdesk.
- Is a regular part of the on-call “follow then sun” support rota providing weekend support on a rotational basis (includes additional allowance) requiring adaptability.
- Regularly test, maintains and prepares C-Nav GNSS equipment for client in line with company QA procedures working on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Regularly prepares and dispatches new C-Nav GNSS equipment to clients in line with company QA procedures.
- Occasionally installs C-Nav GNSS equipment at clients worksites (including offshore) in line with company HSE procedures.
- Occasionally produces reports, QA procedures, manuals and any other related technical documentation pertaining to the operation and support of C-Nav GNSS equipment to a high standard requiring a good attention to detail.
- Occasionally maintains inventory and stock levels of all equipment, safety and consumables for field jobs.
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Regional Manager
- Educated to HNC level or above, in Electronics, Information Technology or other cognate subject or alternatively a related vocational field.
- Experience in GNSS disciplines would be an advantage.
- Relevant experience in a similar role or 1st/2nd line service desk support or network/system installation/troubleshooting
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.