Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main purpose of the Design Draughtsperson is to complete and check all engineering tasks carried out by the design and engineering support groups.
The generation, checking and maintenance of the following deliverables :-
Main hardware GA drawings & BOM's
Ancillary hardware GA & BOM's
Contract & Generic detail drawing sets.
Scope of Supply drawings and BOM's
Umbilical X-Section drawings and BOM's
Reel Packing Drawings and BOM's
Hydraulic & electrical schematics
Assembly procedures and Installation guidelines
To help ensure the on-time delivery (OTD) of the engineering activities are in line with business metrics and checked on a weekly basis.
To help ensure cost of poor quality (COPQ) for these engineering tasks are kept to a minimum and in line with business metrics and checked on a monthly basis.
Liaise effectively & regularly with Offshore Design Centre (ODC) in relation to all drawing office & engineering support tasks.
Ensure engineering design process is being worked efficiently and effectively through all Business Unit software.
Enforce and continually improve design engineering guidelines & procedures, as well as identifying methods of improving productivity and quality
Identify any improvement in physical designs relating mainly to cost reduction, safety & ease of assembly..
- Liaise with all other internal departments in connection with all design & engineering support activities.
- Provide design & engineering support to other internal departments within Rosyth as requested.
- Help organise the implementation and testing of any new software introduced to Project Engineering design group.
- To be available for any cross functional CI initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe workingenvironment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company. Eliminate waste of whateverform, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- To ONC/HNC minimum, in an Engineering related subject.
- 5 years in a similar role / using required skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics Essential
- High standard of communication skills.
- Ability to be part of a team which has a high standard of work output and quality.
- Ability to work with a high level of integrity and acceptance of responsibility and accountability.
- Effective listening skills.
- Effective in dealing with conflict and working under pressure.
- Sound understanding of software package, Solidworks.
- General knowledge of manufacturing process for Umbilical products.
- Ability to lead or take part in CI Initiatives.
- Good understanding of basic design principles for Umbilical and related hardware.
- Sound understanding of software packages (Peoplesoft, Microsoft Office, Enovia, Umbilcad).
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.